Would you call the cops on loud neighbors?

I would never call the cops for loud noise as I have a drum set, 2000 watt pa, guitars, bass, and amps set up in my basement and I get loud from time to time. It's not loud outside as the basement swelters the sound especially in the winter. I've never had any complaints either.

If my neighbors were partying and it was too loud for me to sleep I would just turn on my laptop or Xbox and put some head phones on and watch a movie. I couldn't bring myself to call the cops for something like that.

I have before. Had a Mickey Rourke lookalike alcoholic neighbor that would party till like 3 AM on weekdays. Play music loud AF at all hours. I would routinely ask him to keep it down but eventually started calling the cops on him cause his drunk ass would just do it over and over. I would have to get up at 5:30 in the morning for work and was over that shit. Worst neighbor I've ever had.

calling the cops seems roundabout. I just call the morgue and tell them to bring a mop and a shop vac.

Only if they were bla... uhh.. blatantly disregarding city noise ordinances.

Already have. These motherfuckers blast music all night 24/7. I'm not taking that shit. My girl goes to work at 4am, she needs sleep. They must be on drugs.

Just depends on the situation. If I have to be up early in the morning for work, I'll ask the neighbor if they could keep the music down face to face like a man. If it continues then I might call the police but only if it gets way outta control. My neighbor wants to throw a party until 3am on the weekend I probably wouldn't say anything unless it became a habit.

My friend came to visit me and he parked in an empty lot. He's black and the neighbors called the cops. Which was unnecessary.

They were apparently watching him to notice he came to my house. The cop came and told him he could park there, no problem.

But wtf was the point of calling them? Why not come talk to us if it was a problem ( not that it's any of their business) and why are mfs always looking out of their windows?

Ah, gotta love them noisy white folks. You know those "I'm not a racist but..." types. They say, "well, we just didn't know who he was. We would have called the police on anyone."

I remember my old roommates girlfriend was getting all pissed that these brothas down the street were outside talking really loud. They weren't fighting or drunk, just kind of having a loud convo. She started putting on her shoes to go over there and ask them to be quiet even though it was barely 11pm on a Friday night. I told her to keep her lily white ass in the house if she knew what was good for her. Then she wanted to call the police but I just told her to chill out. They weren't even in front of our house they were down the street talking.

Ah, gotta love them noisy white folks. You know those "I'm not a racist but..." types. They say, "well, we just didn't know who he was. We would have called the police on anyone."

I remember my old roommates girlfriend was getting all pissed that these brothas down the street were outside talking really loud. They weren't fighting or drunk, just kind of having a loud convo. She started putting on her shoes to go over there and ask them to be quiet even though it was barely 11pm on a Friday night. I told her to keep her lily white ass in the house if she knew what was good for her. Then she wanted to call the police but I just told her to chill out. They weren't even in front of our house they were down the street talking.

Good job checking her. I don't think folks realize how serious a simple cop calp could be... (Or maybe they do and that's the point). Though the girlfriend was a bitch, at least she was gonna approach them at first.

There’s nothing worse than nosey neighbors who bitch about anything and everything.

These are the same losers who get pissed when someone publicly parks in front of their house while they never even use their own driveways and garages.

Where I live now, you just don’t have these issues. Mostly families, and worst there is might be a block party with a DJ. But those have to be over by 11.
Last town I lived in was racially mixed and it was a major problem. Minorities tend to live with many extended relatives to split the bills. It’s common as even taxes even in the poorer neighborhoods are 8-10k a year. So when you have that many, it’s always a party. My years in that town made me Despise Spanish music.
I called the cops so many times, but it did no good. I saved and worked a second job to buy in a better town. Long Island has been working on capacity laws because of this issue...having 20 people living in a house becomes a fire hazard, traffic issues, noise issues, etc. But the liberal civil rights groups are strong so right now it’s only been able to crack down on illegal apartments....and only then because it’s a tax issue.

This is why I live on acreage in the country. When I was an apartment dweller many years ago, my thing was go talk to the person and only call the police if they didn't stop. Well most of them didn't stop, they turned it down for an hour or so (sometimes only until I left) and then right back up. People suck and the rental offices tend to not care.

Similar experiences in the suburbs, only worse because people are all "This is mah property I do what I want!" I've had neighbors end up getting maced and restrained because they tried to fight the police which is entertaining to watch but still annoying.

Make a "dinner reservation for 12" .

I call the cops on people all the time. I also report people on Sherdog regularly.

I live in an apt complex, on the weekends I don’t mind and let it slide, but I have knocked on their door in a work night.

And some drunk lady was throwing rocks at my neighbors windows and slurring her words. It didn’t seem like anyone was home, so i called the cops on that lady. I wouldn’t want to come home to shatter window glass on my floor.

The proper way to deal with a loud neighbor is this

put your pistol in your waistband and go over there and as politely as possible tell them you gotta be up in a few hours and you would really like them to turn it down and be quiet then leave

I it persists ask them again and if they still keep it up you can call it in guilt free

The pistol isnt there for any other reason than you dont know who you are dealing with and they may be drunk and violent but it otherwise should play no role in how you handle things
You need a pistol to chat with the neighbors about loud music? Detroit must really be a hellhole. What if the neighbor answers the door with his pistol in his waistband? Just shoot each other LMAO?

Would I, yes.
Have I, no

My neighbour's teenage sons played loud music in their garden and even threw shit over the hedge. I went in and talked to them several times and each time they stopped, but a couple of days later our windows were shaking from the noise once again.

In the end, my wife flew into one of her rages and went in there... let's just say all has been quiet since then - and they even gave us a few bottles of wine for the inconvenience.

That's why you marry a redhead, folks.

If they'd kept it up I'd have absolutely called the police. Don't care if they know it's me. But I'd always talk face to face first even though I don't like doing it.

Mine's blonde but eastern European, she wouldn't stand for it before we had kids. But if she thinks the kids will wake up they are going to get told, very clearly.

The proper way to deal with a loud neighbor is this

put your pistol in your waistband and go over there and as politely as possible tell them you gotta be up in a few hours and you would really like them to turn it down and be quiet then leave

I it persists ask them again and if they still keep it up you can call it in guilt free

The pistol isnt there for any other reason than you dont know who you are dealing with and they may be drunk and violent but it otherwise should play no role in how you handle things

Geeeesus, where do you live?

Back