Would you call the cops on loud neighbors?

The proper way to deal with a loud neighbor is this

put your pistol in your waistband and go over there and as politely as possible tell them you gotta be up in a few hours and you would really like them to turn it down and be quiet then leave

I it persists ask them again and if they still keep it up you can call it in guilt free

The pistol isnt there for any other reason than you dont know who you are dealing with and they may be drunk and violent but it otherwise should play no role in how you handle things

I suppose, in a open carry state.

But I think that's courteous. Ask once and call cops if it persists.

i wouldnt call the police but I would call the gate guards and have them tell them to keep it down. They pretty good about dealing with parties and things

Wait. Is that the slur I think it is? Maybe you're not the best person to discuss this with.

My thoughts exactly.

Edit: oh, he said :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Meh, that works. I’ll admit though, when I thought it was the n word, it made me laugh really hard, although it shouldn’t.

LMAO...I hate it when my neighbors are acting like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s...wait what did I say...

Yeah, I'd call Officer Uppercuts.

I got a story. I was living in this top floor apartment and had these students below me. I didn't give a shit about noise at the weekends but these assholes would be up to 3/4am shouting and banging away during the week. I asked them a couple of times to keep it down after 12 but fuckin ignored.

Anyway one night it starts up again around 2am, they were all shouting away at each other and carrying on. I fuckin snapped. I got up and went downstairs with the intention of punching the shit out of the first one that answered back. I went to bang on their door but it was open so I walked in. The first thing I noticed was it had gone all quiet. I walked down the hallway into their front room and here's one of these assholes gagged and tied up on the couch. That was some surprising shit. I got the gag off him and went through the apartment, found and untied the other 2. Turned out they'd been followed home from their student coffee house and fuckin robbed. Heh heh heh. Never heard much from them after that.

I suppose, in a open carry state.

But I think that's courteous. Ask once and call cops if it persists.

to clarify i did not mean brandish it or show it in any way I just meant take it with you if you are going to get into a possibly provocative situation with another fully grown adult

In theory its on you but they dont know and if they dont need to know they never will

For simple noise, I've gone over, knocked on the door and asked them to turn it down. But I've called the cops before if it sounded like it was about to get violent.

Don't expect any thank you's from the woman either. Battered wife syndrome makes them think you're the bad guy.

I'm not an ignorant ghetto retard so I give zero shits about people thinking I'm a snitch. If I think your wife or kids might be in danger, I'm calling the cops every time.

The proper way to deal with a loud neighbor is this

put your pistol in your waistband and go over there and as politely as possible tell them you gotta be up in a few hours and you would really like them to turn it down and be quiet then leave

I it persists ask them again and if they still keep it up you can call it in guilt free

The pistol isnt there for any other reason than you dont know who you are dealing with and they may be drunk and violent but it otherwise should play no role in how you handle things

I would not advise carrying a pistol onto someone else's property.

I would not advise carrying a pistol onto someone else's property.

Hung by 12 or carried by 6

its the middle of the night and you are going to talk to some drunk asshole

ya do what ya gotta do

also most of the time if its possible I dont actually leave my own yard or the sidewalk and im sure not coming in your house or backyard I dont want to be on anyones property or escalate a situation I want to be as non confrontational as possible. The goal is to get results not to talk to the police not to start a beef and not to go all ok coral

thanks for the advice though

Ive lived in some wild spots and I have had some wild neighbors but I have never been in a shoot out or called the hook on a single person I asked to quiet down nor had em called on me

Like I said you dont wave it around or mention it you just take it with you

used to live in an apartment complex with a grill outside our unit and once these idiots came over and a had a bbq real late and they were bring loud and obnoxious well past 11pm, and I had to get up early the next day

of course I called the cops, don't even have to identify yourself, just the location of the disturbance

the noisy people don't have to know its you

now I live in a pretty quiet suburban neighborhood in a house, and if I had noisy neighbors I would go over and try to be nice and talk it out

but its even less trouble to place an anonymous call to the police rather than get out of bed

No.

They will call the cops on me.

I would put a mask on, one of those weird African ones. I’ll get naked, rub oil all over and then go to their house. When they open the front door I’ll just charge in swinging my dick around.

What are they going to do? They’re going to run away. I’ll then decimate their aux cord and then I’ll go home.

I will make the neighbors call the cops on me. They won’t know it was me, though.

The cops will likely come talk to me and I’ll tell them I saw a naked guy run down the street but didn’t think it was something to call the cops over while shrugging my shoulders.

This works every single time.

I think it just depends on how loud it is and the time of day. But if it's to the point where I'm ready to do something about it, I'd probably just make an anonymous complaint. That way I don't have to worry too much about blowback.

Depends on the situation. Some people are ridiculous and move into apartments and expect total silence at all times. Buy a house then. If it's super loud late at night, or you are in a house and can still hear the guy across the street, then yeah.

Also if you're having a loud domestic dispute at night, or it sounds like someone is getting beaten, then someone will probably call the cops. Some people think they can fight as loud as they want, and if it's s domestic dispute it's a private matter. Not if the entire neighborhood can hear you

Nowadays
Day and age
Nowadays
Day and age
Nowadays
day and age

The times i've had to do it I talked to people face to face. My last apartment would get noisy sometimes. Finally I just moved as i realized a round of uppercuts probably wouldn't solve the problem. I've been trying to be more tolerant of noise and people being loud, but i wouldn't feel bad about calling the cops. Let's face it, you know if it's late and you're being loud outside or not.

Celebrating cousin Paco's wedding doesn't give them license to be obnoxious.

I once had mexican neighbors. Seemed like they had a mexican party every other day for a month where like 15-20 of them would come out to celebrate something. They'd play that awful mexican music every single time. And they'd usually party from like 6pm - 1am. I never tattled on them, but man, it was sure annoying. Luckily though after about a month it stopped. So either someone else tattled, or their mexican celebration lasted an entire month and then finally ended.

I’ve had neighbors up drinking and carrying on until 4am before. They were hosting family from out of town. The next day the wife came over (embarrassed) with flowers and a gift card, apologizing for the noise. It rarely happens in my neighborhood, but when it does, it’s handled appropriately without having to call the police. Then again, it all depends on your neighborhood.

I once had mexican neighbors. Seemed like they had a mexican party every other day for a month where like 15-20 of them would come out to celebrate something. They'd play that awful mexican music every single time. And they'd usually party from like 6pm - 1am. I never tattled on them, but man, it was sure annoying. Luckily though after about a month it stopped. So either someone else tattled, or their mexican celebration lasted an entire month and then finally ended.
I'm all for people having their fun. I'm not one to tattle if they're partying during "normal" party hours. In fact, I've never talked. But a time or two, when the party went on until 3 or 4 in the morning, I came close. I ended up just yelling out the front door, "STFU!!!" until I was heard and they obliged.

I haven't had to deal with a situation like that in some years. I'm older now, I value my sleep. If someone was being too loud for too long I'd probably just cut to the chase and call them cops. And I'm not one to deal with the cops, at all. But I'm one to go the fuck to sleep at night, so compromises must be made.

Back