Would you buy this?

Looks like you could make something exactly like that by spending $20 in materials at Home Depot. Way too much money for how simple that piece of equipment is.

https://www.spud-inc-straps.com/econo-triceps-and-lat-pulley.html

Wouldn't mind it for pull down abs, various lat pulls and triceps but I dont know that I'd part with 109 bucks since I have bands that can do similar work. Would you buy this if you had a home gym?
They're useful for tricep work (both pulldowns and overhead extensions) but suck for actual lat pulls because it swings too much with your face on its collision path. Maybe for one handed slow pulls they'd be fine. That's just my initial impressions trying out someone else's pulley.

I like that it's portable and quick to remove if you don't want it attached to your rack 24/7. Also the benefit from the strap plate holder compared to a pin is that it is easier and slightly faster to change weights. I have the low and high pulley from Titan for my rack. I use it on occasion mostly for pushdowns, one arm rows, one arm pulldowns, curls just to mix things up.

Looks like you could make something exactly like that by spending $20 in materials at Home Depot. Way too much money for how simple that piece of equipment is.

Yep, this.

I'd never spend US$109 on that thing.

I like that it's portable and quick to remove if you don't want it attached to your rack 24/7. Also the benefit from the strap plate holder compared to a pin is that it is easier and slightly faster to change weights. I have the low and high pulley from Titan for my rack. I use it on occasion mostly for pushdowns, one arm rows, one arm pulldowns, curls just to mix things up.
That strap loading pin could be attached to a dip belt for belt squats too

Ok I bought this and it changed my entire workout. Did all my accessories on it after speed benching and bodyweight tricep extensions. Did face pulls, one arm cable rows, press downs and one arm press downs. The single pulley is humbling and you have to go slow or the weight flies everywhere. Overall satisfied. Gotta find a way to shorten the cables tho. Will try the low pulley next.

Back