Would you buy more ppv's if...

They could give you a code for digital download for free and I would appreciate that. It is fucking annoying to spend $60 on a PPV (which I rarely do) then have to dig around to try and find a video the next day to rematch a fight that I want to analyze.

Phish gives everyone a free download of every show with purchase of tickets to that show and it is fucking awesome that I have a copy of every show I go to.

UFC could definitely learn to be a little less stingy!!!

HAHAHA, A NICKEL!?, seriously tho if the profit margins were that high that would be amazing.

20 bucks is a fair price.. 60 is a joke for a few hours of MAYBE good fights

Your shipping rates and fulfillment house shipping rates are very different. A DVD would probably cost $1 and shipping another dollar or 2.

Still it would be a lot more practical to email you an iTunes / Amazon / google play code or credit to download for the same content.

That would be totally worth it actually.

It'd be much easier for them simply to drop the outrageous ppv prices to something reasonable. Most ppvs are not worth the 60-70 dollar charge.

They could give you a code for digital download for free and I would appreciate that. It is fucking annoying to spend $60 on a PPV (which I rarely do) then have to dig around to try and find a video the next day to rematch a fight that I want to analyze.

Phish gives everyone a free download of every show with purchase of tickets to that show and it is fucking awesome that I have a copy of every show I go to.

UFC could definitely learn to be a little less stingy!!!

I agree about the rewatching point. It's like we just spent a really good amount of money to watch the fights. A digi download wouldn't be shit for them to throw us.

20 bucks is a fair price.. 60 is a joke for a few hours of MAYBE good fights

But were mostly paying for the time with our friends and family lol. After food and booze they are costing an arm and a leg to entertain...theyre lucky I like them!!!

If you purchase the ppv on youtube, you get to keep it. I unfortunately have UFC 162 on it :(

PPV prices aren't determined by the UFC, guys. It's determined by the PPV providers who take 50%. Bellator, the WWE and the UFC have all said this. It's easy to raise them because no PPV provider is going to whine, in theory, about a bigger cut of cash coming in. It's a lot harder to go the other route.

Shipping that many DVD's would cost a lot though...then you have to pay to have them mass manufactured. They only way the UFC would do this is if they raised the prices...AGAIN. They won't take a loss on anything unless they know for sure they will gain money in the longrun.

Takew it from somebody who has a marketing degree (direct mailing courses) it would cost at LEAST 2-5 dollars depending on region or country. Ufc would rather die then flush that away.

Good idea but bad concept

I have about a decade of experience in logistics, and specifically in logistics for media. It wouldn't cost $5 to produce and ship a DVD. Consumer rates for DVD duplication are less than $1 and Media Mail is around $2.50. If the UFC were shipping 250,000 per month low end, they could do a much better rate than that.

$3 is probably the high end of the scale depending on how it's shipped.

Still, digital would be the way to go. It's 2014 and DVDs are standard def.

The only PPVs I buy are the ones with jones. If Bones isn't fighting I ain't buying. The UFCs product has gone to hell outside of Jones.

TS' idea, for an option to buy a $5 blu-ray of the event with a proof of ppv purchase wouldn't be a bad idea

May pull a couple people from the streams of the pirate's to the paying market.

Back