Would you buy more ppv's if...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Street Level, May 23, 2014.

1. Street Level

Street Level Black Belt

On the mend but skipping physical therapy
    I think it would be pretty cool if the UFC sent you a dvd/blu ray/whatever of the event with some kind of bonus features and weigh-ins etc.
    It doesn't cost more then what, a nickle to make a dvd and shipping would be more then the product lol.
    If it bumped buyrates just a hair then it would be a financial success. Ill even go out on a limb and say that lending a good or great card to someone could bring new fans to the sport.
    What would be cool to see on the dvd if they did that?
    Discuss or flame away!

P.s.-happy friday/holiday weekend! Stay safe and have fun. I'm going to watch the meteor shower tonight, anyone else doing that?

2. mma2013

mma2013 Purple Belt

lol, a nickle for shipping and manufacturing the dvd? have you shipped anything lately? you won't find anything for a nickle.

3. FenoxSky

FenoxSky Brown Belt

If I were living on the US, the only way to make me buy more PPVs would be if they were cheaper. I'd have to buy very few a year with that price.

4. Noraa 666

Noraa 666 Red Belt

Takew it from somebody who has a marketing degree (direct mailing courses) it would cost at LEAST 2-5 dollars depending on region or country. Ufc would rather die then flush that away.

Good idea but bad concept

5. Street Level

Street Level Black Belt

No, not the shipping part. I meant it might cost a nickle to make it and shipping would be more expensive. Sorry, posting from my cellphone. It's like

6. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

Your shipping rates and fulfillment house shipping rates are very different. A DVD would probably cost $1 and shipping another dollar or 2.

Still it would be a lot more practical to email you an iTunes / Amazon / google play code or credit to download for the same content.

7. jayBMX

jayBMX Brown Belt

Though I don't think they would ever do something like that as others are saying

That is a really cool idea. Would definitely pay for more ppvs if they did something like that.

8. M.V.C.

M.V.C. Gold Belt

If the fights aren't what I want to see, no gift would bake me watch it.

9. Street Level

Street Level Black Belt

Oh wow, thats a bit more then I was thinking. The more I think about it it's like paying $55 for a dvd where you get to watch the event live the first time.

10. aModerateThreat

aModerateThreat Brown Belt

in the very near future hardcopies of media will be a thing of the past.

11. KNM

KNM Orange Belt

I buy as many as I can. Some months I'm a little broker than others.

12. Shadess

Shadess ...

Why would I want a physical product of any kind? If you make some bonus features just give them to me online.

13. FallonFoxGOAT

FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

Yep. It could be a great way to incentivize people to purchase the PPV from an online stream instead of from their cable PPV providers.

I doubt it will ever happen, though. Zuffa would see it as a loss from people that would maybe purchase the event later (like through the Fight Pass/UFC library shit).

14. Street Level

Street Level Black Belt

A fifi copy would literally be free, right?
    I'm old fashioned and like "stuff". I don't even have am itunes account because I like a physical copy and still buy dvds. Amazon gave me a digital copy of an album I bought, this would be the exact same thing.

15. DezWalker

DezWalker MMA Stats geek

I still think they should do some sort of a subscription thing where you buy multiple PPVs for a discount but you have to agree to it ahead of time.

They did something like this last year starting in September and running through December. At that time, I wasn't getting every PPV but getting most. Seeing that deal, I knew I'd be getting 3/4 anyways so essentially I was getting the 4th for free. What that did for me was get me used to watching the PPVs and by the time the next one came that I hadn't paid for, I almost felt compelled to get it. Haven't missed one since.

If they offered the next 3 shows for $120 total, I'll bet you get a lot more people watching that Vancouver show.

16. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

Make them all $19.99. That will make me buy more PPVs.

17. NeverAgainPlaya

NeverAgainPlaya Purple Belt

digital dl links or something might help influence me to buy more. I mean, sure I'd be a bit more inclined to grab PPVs if I DID get a DVD/BR with the purchase, but it's not a brilliant maneuver on their end. Disc manufacturing, while not profoundly expensive is still a bit too lofty to do that.

To be honest, I think the promotion just needs to focusing more on stars on less on their brand name exclusively. I only buy PPV's when a half dozen different fighters or so are featured (Diaz bros, JDS, Condit, Brown are a few fighters I'll shell out money for). If I'm not really drawn to the personality or the "vibe" of a fighter (Vitor would be a great "vibe" example, as he would have unparalleled mystique if not for all the years of PED controversy), I'm not going to pay for the event anymore. I'll devour all the free MMA possible, but the average PPV product, at this time - in my personal opinion - doesn't merit the purchase often.

18. Jawth

Jawth Silver Belt

The only thing that could get me to buy more PPVs is a lower price point. There's not many fights I'm willing to shell out $60 for. The only ones on the horizon I'm buying are Weidman/Machida and Velasquez/Werdum.

They should have a changing price point relative to the quality of the card. If 173 was $30, I'd buy it.

19. Street Level

Street Level Black Belt

lol. If they did something like this idea you'd have them to watch forever and could lend them to your buddies.

A lot of people are like you, I completely understand. I like having the physical thing though. Different strokes for different folks.

20. pclanadmin2

pclanadmin2 SFA3 Belt

good point. for me, if i could get a good quality card like 173 in hd for $19.99, i'd buy it.