Would you be surprised if Holm takes a round from Rousey?

I'll be surprised if Ronda doesn't retire without ever losing a single round.

I don't understand how Holm has good footwork. She moves around nicely, but against Pennington she basically gave Pennington her hips more than once. Pennington would have taken her down if she knew how to wrestle. Seriously, she lunged straight into Pennington and changed levels to get into Holm's hips (with no underhook). Another time she threw a shot, but stood right in front of Pennington with her hands down/in the air and got hit basically allowed herself to get hit.

Ronda will run through a few punches, get the clinch, toss....

IT'S ALLLLLL OVER

Its fun to imagine how this fight could go. With Holm's longer build, a few judo throws would look really cool. Then she could let her up and knock her out.

i think the story line (as i heard from ronda so its obvious) is to push holm's striking pedigree and act like it will be all difficult to get inside - in reality in the fight, ronda will just move in and prob finish quickly - i think ronda is under pressure to not finish so quickly, honestly, so hopefully for her, she can get holm to win a round just so that people can feel like shes fighting great competition - if she was in a war (but still won handily to keep the haters in check), i think that would be good for her

Holm has good footwork against people who respect her striking and who want to stay standing themselves. Her last two fights have shown what happens when that's not the case.

I don't think she wins any round where she ends up getting taken down and I don't think she defends TDs for five straight minutes.

This fight will look a lot like Rousey/Kaufman. Holm only has anything to offer as long as the fight remains at kickboxing range. Ronda will be inside that range in seconds, push Holm against the fence, attack with short knees, elbows and uppercuts, get a very quick throw or trip takedown and submit Holm.

This is probably how it will go down.
But Holm is an experienced fighter who "should" be able to stay at kickboxing range.
If Holm manages to keep Rousey at distance it could very well be the first real problem for Rousey. If Rousey comes in boxing range, Holm could always KO Rousey.

But in the end I think Rousey will just armbar her in 30 sec before Holm can do anything.

i'd be surprised if it even lasted a round

I think people are underestimating Holm, she has good footwork and nice straight punches. If she was to take a round, it would be the first round.

Holm actually does look to have strong balance in the clinch, and her build looks stronger than Ronda's, but it's gonna be tough for her to stuff those takedowns.

Only way I can see Holm making it competitive is mixing up ranged boxing with body/head kicks, while stuffing the take downs.

Easier said than done.

I would be surprised that there would be an entire round that would even need to be scored by the judges.

Not at all. I think it's likely she point-fights and wins a round. Ronda may have trouble running her down. If Holly fights smart, she will.

This fight won't go more than 2 minuts unless Rousey wants to spar.

Holm's only chance is a head kick or a freak injury.

yes i would go into complete shock and miss the rest of the fight..

I think it's possible, butyeah, I would be surprised.

Back