Would you be interested in a pros vs joes style season of TUF?

Make it a half "Comeback" season. One team are guys who used to be in the UFC and want back in, the other team are a bunch of up-and-comers who want their shot (like the normal format).

I've been wanting to see that since TUF 4.
That would be a great idea.

Yea a comeback season would be awesome. Especially considering how the winner of that season ended up being the only person to ever beat GSP for the title, thus far.

That's a success story right there.

Exactly. And that's how it will play out. Maybe a one off web series, but a whole season would be pointless.

OP if you want to see pros vs joes, check this out. You actually get to see a "Joe" hang with Ben Rothwell.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/videos-chad-griggs-ben-rothwell-vs-random-guys-new-show-2076805/

[YT]sBJFZu8Z-fE[/YT]

That was so cool! The guy's technique was pretty bad but he did seem to be worth giving a shot. Of course, I still haven't heard of him, so I dare say he didn't take off like a rocket.

Exactly. And that's how it will play out. Maybe a one off web series, but a whole season would be pointless.

OP if you want to see pros vs joes, check this out. You actually get to see a "Joe" hang with Ben Rothwell.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/videos-chad-griggs-ben-rothwell-vs-random-guys-new-show-2076805/

[YT]sBJFZu8Z-fE[/YT]

Just noticed the title of the vid. In no way did the fan own anyone. He barely survived and Ben could have easily knocked him out given another 30 seconds, max.

I would like to see anouther comeback show like the one with Serra an lutter

I think the pros vs joes angles would lead to many one sided beatings with little appeal for those looking forward to tough matchups. That being said I would be open to seeing top fighters in martial arts outside of the world of mma vs guys cut by the UFC or on the brink. Would be very interested in a bunch of judo olympians, all american wrestlers and pro bjj players take on former ufc fighters or guys on a skid and about to get cut.

I would watch Pokrajec, Kingsbury, Diabate and Soszynski if opposite to them they had four fighters who were olympians in judo, or all american wrestlers, or top ranked bjj players who had just recently started training in mma but not competed. The same goes for Griggs, Rosa, Romero, and Hoger. Also works with Morecraft, Hague, Herman, McCully... Salmon, Brown, McFedries, Drwal... etc etc etc

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bubkusjones
Make it a half "Comeback" season. One team are guys who used to be in the UFC and want back in, the other team are a bunch of up-and-comers who want their shot (like the normal format).

love that idea. would be perfect for the heavier weight classes where the talnet pool is a little shallower and where this may help build hype around a fighter that would likely be forgotten in a lighter weight class. Wes Combs, Brad Imes, Denis Stojnic, Darrill Schoonover, David Heath, Victor Valimaki, Marcio Cruz, Jake O'Brien could all completely turn around their careers by winning the show. The upcommers could make a name for themselves and really build their hype by beating some of these guys....

I wouldn't mind seeing some Sherdog Keyboard warriors that flame on certain fighters get into the cage with them.

Don't Know What Pro's Vs Joe's is and don't wish to google it but yeah why not ? Lol up for anything to spice up a quite stale format.

Only if the "Joes" were A level athletes. Recently retired NBA or NFL players with a 3-4 month training camp. Actually just grab some local tough guys. For fucks sake some conditioning, decent TDD and a looping overhand right and you are more than competitive with half of the TUF contestants on any given season.

They should do the ultimate Coach where Edmond fights Caraway, etc.

Back