would you be done with the UFC if

RockShox1**

Green Belt
Reaction score
This whole thread is purely speculation and opinion. However if interested read on.

I'm speaking to the hardcore fans mainly but casual fans chime in. If Jon Jones test come back positive for doping or masking agents and evidence comes out the UFC acted shady in how this situation is being handled would you the hard core fan continue to support the UFC as a brand.

There are allegations of its champ and pound for pound greatest fighter ducking a test. Others have gotten lifetime bans for that. Who knows what else they know about that they're possibly hiding. I think this story will get more interesting as the weeks unfold.

I know if I leave the door can hit me in the ass on the way out. They won't miss me individually but what if we all thought like that? If we are tired of the doping in the sport, particularly in the UFC this is problematic. Would you become a fan of Bellator exclusively and ignore the UFC all together. if you're a true fan and you're truly tired of the drugs in this sport How can you continue to support a brand that doesn't do much about it, or is hypocritical how they're handling it?

I think I will walk away from watching and paying for UFC events. If the UFC turns out to have all of this corrupt activity I cannot support a corporation that doesn't properly support the sport. I won't give them my money.

How many fans do they have to lose to make an impact. how tired are you of the drugs in the sport? Where do you personally say eno ugh is enough?

Last edited:
Fuck that. I love watching UFC events. I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. Just to make some kind of stand against the UFC?

No thanks. I couldn't care less what jones or anyone else does in their lives outside the octagon. I love to watch him fight and that's all. I'm not a jones fan either, although I'm also not a hater.

That's a very hard question. I think I'd keep watching anyway, though I certainly wouldn't buy a Jones PPV ever again.

I'd be done with the UFC if a CIR test isn't done, or they "lose/contaminate" the samples. I cannot take the sport seriously if this happens, and it's a travesty to the past legends of the sport that tried to conduct themselves with class in order to change the perception of the sport.

This whole thing is a complete mess and screams corruption.

What would make you think bellator is any different.

I'd be done with the UFC if a CIR test isn't done, or they "lose/contaminate" the samples. I cannot take the sport seriously if this happens, and it's a travesty to the past legends of the sport that tried to conduct themselves with class in order to change the perception of the sport.

This whole thing is a complete mess and screams corruption.

I was going to a post a reply but you've summed up everything I wanted to say.

I won't say I will ever be done with UFC since I enjoy the fights and respect what the fighters do (training then competing in Octagon), but it is fair to say I will never buy wolf tickets again from the UFC.

This means never buying the watered down cards, and preferably going to a bar showing the PPVs I do want to see.

I don't have any reql answers to any questions myself yet. I'm interested in how you guys feel. We are the fans. I'm just curious where you draw the line personally, if at all?

I am not right or wrong? I'm not pushing anything. I'm just asking questions.

I would still watch the fight just as much as now.

What would make you think bellator is any different.

I don't know that it would be. What I know is there is no current scandals involving them at the moment and the UFC is seemingly becoming corrupt as fuck.

Fuck that. I love watching UFC events. I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. Just to make some kind of stand against the UFC?

No thanks. I couldn't care less what jones or anyone else does in their lives outside the octagon. I love to watch him fight and that's all. I'm not a jones fan either, although I'm also not a hater.

For the most part I agree.

However, MMA fighters aren't generally tested for drugs of abuse anyway, so it's very unlikely he would try to get away from the test because of coke (assuming that really happened).

Also, if the UFC knew about the T/E ratio and what that meant and took no action whatsoever....that's pretty fucking bad.

Last edited:
Interesting question. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to stop watching UFC events any time soon. But I will say, this was the first year I didn't care about fantasy football and didn't have as much excitement for the NFL since many years ago. A lot of it had to do with disgust of how the NFL was handling it's off-field problems.

If someone had told me 5 years ago that my NFL love would fade, I would've laughed in their face.

This is hard for me to say. At the end of the day I just lie watching fights. I also assume that most of these guys are using PEDs of some form or another.

That said, I think the UFC not following up on Jones' strange test results would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I probably would still watch, but it would drop as an entertainment priority.

Exactly! The whole MMA world has turned into Christian pod people it seems..... ppl are talking about getting rid of drugs in the sport! Why not just rid the world of bacteria, it's about as easy!

This is senseless talk! Talking about punishing a man is at least a possible thing. But stopping drugs from being in the sport?? What kind of delusions are we under? Can we get drugs out from ANY sport??

This is the problem with us. We're always building myths that don't help us evolve and then cleaving to them.

Let them all juice. It just makes the fights more intense. If weight cutting is a part of the sport then juicing should also be. I just want to see some violence.

Corruption is everywhere.

So is being tolerant to it. That's not an excuse. I don't have to tolerate it anymore if I don't want to. I want to know exactly this. Why are you tolerant and what is your limits?
It's kind of a morality question I guess but at the end of the day we the fight fans are the ones getting robbed of the legitimacy of the sport.

Sorry. I'm thinking out loud.

Back