Would You Allow yo Significant Other to go for Coffee w/ a member of the opposite Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow? Excuse me?

If I ignore the really sad and disturbing use of the word "allow" - you either trust your SO or you don't. I have not minded and would not mind my husband having coffee with women and he does not mind me having coffee with men. Because we are grown rational adults who communicate about these things.

I would be willing to bet that is complete horse shit. But any who, lol is your wife like going on dates while your @ work? Or is this one of those things that's kinda hard to describe without gettin rapey?

I recently asked a girl I work with who is engaged out for coffee/lunch. Both of us are relatively quiet and aren't part of the clique at work so we get along well.

I'm just trying to make a friend, but I still feel a little bit bad because I know some guys wouldn't appreciate the whole "guy from work wants to hang out" idea.

I've personally had guys, even some who I believed to be friends, try to step in on my relationships and that shit is not cool.

As long as she's not spending my hard earned money

most likely no. But I wouldn't go out with someone who would put me in that position. Girls who go out with guy friends for lunch, coffee ect while in a relationship is a huge red flag

If she doesn't bring back a chocolate croissant, I usually get a little upset.

Yeah sure,

and I would expect the same.

If she is going to cheat she is going to cheat, its pretty short sighted to think you can effectively block all potential cheating opportunities for another adult.

I don't trust any of these bitches to call'em my S.O, so I don't give a fuck.

most likely no. But I wouldn't go out with someone who would put me in that position. Girls who go out with guy friends for lunch, coffee ect while in a relationship is a huge red flag

Agreed. It's just not proper for a woman and it's always been seen that way by society, except for now. Guess I'm just old fashioned in some ways.

I don't bake. Fyi.

I go for coffee with guy friends all the time. I do not hump them. I would not accept my relationship as is if my husband tried to tell me I wasn't allowed. We would be in therapy, where he would learn about trust and respect and for him to not act crazy.

Yes, becuase I am not an insecure bitch that has to worry about my woman cheating on me or wanting to be with someone else.

Don't forget Joe Pesci in Raging Bull. Any woman in the right circumstances will cheat. Wouldn't it be helpful to try to prevent those circumstances?

Trying to control her and tel her what she can or can't do wouldn't prevent anything. Eventually you just have to bite the bullet and trust whoever you're with.

And it's Joe fucking Pesci, the crazy goddamn murderer.

I don't bake. Fyi.

I go for coffee with guy friends all the time. I do not hump them. I would not accept my relationship as is if my husband tried to tell me I wasn't allowed. We would be in therapy, where he would learn about trust and respect and for him to not act crazy.

Would you allow him to not go to therapy if he doesn't want to?

I don't bake. Fyi.

I view it in a very opposing way. I don't talk to women who aren't my fiance. Now, I'm not saying I don't talk to other women outright, what I mean is "deeper" thoughts. Relationship issues, sex, finances, deeper emotions, thoughts on stimulating subjects, intimate details of our life, ect. Those are for her. I think it is disrespectful to share intimate thoughts and conversations with the opposite sex. I save those for her.

I would be willing to bet that is complete horse shit. But any who, lol is your wife like going on dates while your @ work? Or is this one of those things that's kinda hard to describe without gettin rapey?

Does that really seem impossible to you???

I view it in a very opposing way. I don't talk to women who aren't my fiance. Now, I'm not saying I don't talk to other women outright, what I mean is "deeper" thoughts. Relationship issues, sex, finances, deeper emotions, thoughts on stimulating subjects, intimate details of our life, ect. Those are for her. I think it is disrespectful to share intimate thoughts and conversations with the opposite sex. I save those for her.

You view it that way because you are a guy so you very much understand how a guy thinks.

Women and this includes my wife are completely naive most times to the fact that the guy they are having coffee with wants to basically smash every orifice in their body.

They don't understand the concept that guys can't be friends without wanting to bang the chick if given the opportunity. And I know people will argue the opposite but those are outliers to the normal way a man thinks and acts.

Would you allow him to not go to therapy if he doesn't want to?

We are adults. We make choices in our relationship, we don't follow orders. We would work together to make the relationship work, or not and end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back