Would You Accept This Job?

Lmao.

One stupid scenario that would never happen.
Two if it did exist nobody would ever get paid bc probability of falling asleep at least once in a year while in a dark room doing nothing is guranteed for any human being not on crack.
yup

Id be sitting in there thinking about the $1,440,000.00 at the end of the year and what I was going to do with it. Anyone who says they wouldn't do that is a fucking idiot. You still have a life outside of the 40 hrs a week, pfffttt be a cakewalk.

Kind of agree with this.

Assuming the job was where I live, I'd get 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch. that would provide 3 opportunities to leave the room get some fresh air, talk to friends/family, check sherdog.

Wait a minute, this sounds like some sort of ruse. They lure you in with the "30k/week", but then after the week is over they tell you they're not going to pay you because you fell asleep whether you did or not, and then they start laughing at you for being a retard who thought someone was actually going to pay you that much money for doing nothing. Or, it's a ruse to lure your dumbass into a dark room where you then proceed to get raped by a group of large, sweaty men. Eff you, I'm not falling for that again.

We just had this thread 2-3 months ago

Also, I'd never stay awake in a dark room all day doing nothing and I doubt anyone else could, either.

I'm in!
I'm married with kids, this is a dream come true seems to me...

i'd try it ... but i have a hard time staying awake in a fully lit room actually working ... but i'd try .. 30k a week tho is only a little more than what i get now, but i have to work for it

What does it mean that you can't quit unless you do it for a year? Does this mean if you quit you don't get paid or you'll be forced to complete the year?

I think you guys are underestimating the toll this type of isolation would take on you. They've done sensory deprivation studies where people were in the chamber for like 10 minutes and they think there were out for hours. The risk of going batshit is quite real here.

If I didn't lose my shit, I be down for doing it during Jan and Feb and then just chilling the rest of the year. Those months suck around here anyways.

I don't think you could literally stay awake in the dark for that long of a time. Who knows what that would do to your vision as well.

I guess you could just do calisthenics the whole time but I think the body would eventually exhaust itself.

Can you work out? If I could do push ups, sit-ups, and have a toilet and water, I would do it. I would do it for a year and buy each of my kids a modest house.

No problem. I'd do it until I got tired of it. I'd get myself fired and keep whatever money I made. The op said nothing about being fired, only about not being able to quit.

I think I could do it.

This job pays 30k/week.

The job description is simple. You must stay in a small pitch black room by yourself from 9-5, Monday to Friday.

You are not allowed to bring anything. You are literally getting paid to do nothing

You must be awake during all 40 work hours for the week otherwise you do not get paid for that week.

And most importantly, you cannot quit this job until you've been doing it for at least a year.

Would you accept?

maybe i could do it for a month. maybe. but if this was a regular gig kind of thing, then hell fucking no.

I would try it for sure i might go nuts but i should be fine as an introvert and loner i spend a lot of time alone and love it but not in pitch darkness. its just 8 hours i feel i would get used to it

I'd be willing to try it but I'd probably get fired for falling asleep on the job.

So assuming you get two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. Seems the best thing to do would be exercise and meditate. I'd honestly have to do a trial run and see how that would work. If I'm actively doing something then I think it would be easier but I have honestly no idea how being in pitch black for that long would affect me. I think doing that and not going crazy would be pretty tough.

Heck yeah. It would be just like prison except you're getting paid and the lights are off.

Back