would vitor Silva ll be as different as cain/jds?

In fact I was really hoping he would come in to the first fight and shoot straight for a takedown. Do that a few times and get Silva expecting it to set up for a KO on the feet.

Vitor did take him down at one point, but Anderson immediately got back up and fed Vitor a knee.

Any rematch that has ever occurred in which the first fight ended extremely quickly without anything really happening other than the finish?

It turns out to be much, much different...Quick finishes without much action at all tell us very little to nothing about the 2 fighters competing.

Penn vs Uno
Henderson vs Bustamante
Cain vs JDS
Diaz vs Jackson

etc

Then again this is Vitor we're talking about here. And I would fully expect him to choke just as bad if not worse in a rematch.

Last edited:
No, no it would not.

Any rematch that has ever occurred in which the first fight ended extremely quickly without anything really happening other than the finish?

It turns out to be much, much different...Quick finishes without much action at all tell us very little to nothing about the 2 fighters competing.

Penn vs Uno
Henderson vs Bustamante
Cain vs JDS
Diaz vs Jackson

etc

serra v st pierre

Penn vs Uno
Henderson vs Bustamante
Cain vs JDS
Diaz vs Jackson

etc

That's not true, it tells you just how dangerous the winners of those fights are. Anderson has finished many people quickly, it's just what he does.

A bunch, and all of those rematches could go differently. What's your point?

A lot of rematches could go differently than the first fight did, that doesn't necessarily mean that we should have them. Vitor found out that if you stand flat-footed in front of Anderson Silva, you will probably get KO'd, it's a legitimate victory.

That's not true, it tells you just how dangerous the winners of those fights are. .

Going into every fight we all know these guys potentially could end any fight instantly...We know they're dangerous...

When it ends extremely quick without much happening other than the finish. We really don't learn much, and a rematch almost always tells an much different story.

Anderson has finished many people quickly, it's just what he does.

It's not so much finishing quickly...It's finishing quickly without anything else really happening to judge the 2 fighters by.

Going into every fight we all know these guys potentially could end any fight instantly...We know they're dangerous...

When it ends extremely quick without much happening other than the finish. We really don't learn much, and a rematch almost always tells an much different story.

It's not so much finishing quickly...It's finishing quickly without anything else really happening to judge the 2 fighters by.

True, and I understand what you're saying, but Vitor did get a takedown before he got kicked, and then threw some combos that Anderson slipped.

Then he stood flat footed in front of Anderson at kicking range, he was wide open to get KO'd.

I've wanted to see a rematch since the night the first fight took place. Something about it just seems unfinished....like putting these 2 together should lead to an all-time great fight. I'd pay for a rematch in a heart-beat.

Im sure anderson bobbing and weaving vitors combos like they were nothing were flukey too?:icon_lol:

28p286.jpg

I know he got DQ'd for it but this is one really shows AS's talent for knocking people out.

I think Vitor vs. Silva is a percentage fight, where their styles matchup in a way that ensures each fighter would win in a certain perrcentage of their fights together.

Whereas is other fights such as GSP vs. Koscheck (and I believe Cain vs. JDS) their styles matchup in a way that means one f

True, and I understand what you're saying, but Vitor did get a takedown before he got kicked, and then threw some combos that Anderson slipped.

Then he stood flat footed in front of Anderson at kicking range, he was wide open to get KO'd.

are you suggesting he'd so the same thing again, or that he couldn't possibly improve?

28p286.jpg

I know he got DQ'd for it but this is one really shows AS's talent for knocking people out.

i think a lot of people could knock their opponents out if they used illegal strikes.

how was that a flash KO? anderson timed belfort, matrix'd the shit out of him then crane kicked his face off...

are you suggesting he'd so the same thing again, or that he couldn't possibly improve?

I doubt Vitor would stand in front of Anderson like that again, but I still think Andy would beat him.

Silva launches a kick, aimed at Belfort's face. Silva lands kick on Belfort's face, knocking Belfort out. Doesn't sound flukey.

only thing that would be different would be Vitor getting hurt even worse this time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back