Would Valentina beat Canelo in an MMA fight?

Noone is arguing that she would beat trained boxers in boxing. I'm arguing that she could beat an average untrained dude in a street fight, which some people are disagreeing with, which I find to be crazy.
on the street? man imagine getting in the groin by Valentina, horrible. in MMA match, I'd have to favor Canelo though

6 pages and some are really serious answers.
God bless the internet.

Nope. This is "Ronda would beat Floyd" all over again. The answer was no back then and its still a no now.

This has to be a joke right? Canelo at the same weight as Valentina would easily be taken down and submitted. Most of you all are talking about Canelo coming in at his current weight and fighting Valentina?!?? Um no shit Sherlock might as well ask if Ngannou would beat Usman.

The real comparison comes when you suspend reality and ask who wins if they weigh in same weight and Canelo gets no additional combat training then what he has currently. The Bullet would easily make canelo tap to armbar or heel hook.

Much faster??
tenor.gif
Having watched Canelo piece up Saunders, I had the same reaction. He was too quick, too powerful, and too explosive for him. Dafuq is Val going to do about that?

You don't think Valentina could take down a 180lb dude with zero takedown defense?

Have you ever grappled before? 250lb white belts get taken down and submitted in every BJJ school by guys way smaller
BJJ school" with no striking and by "Guys" also this 250lbs are not Canelo

Only guys who have never been in a cage can ask something so Damn stupid. He would knock her into a coma, might even kill her.
Go train at any gym and watch guys roll around with the girls...they go half speed at best, and are careful not to hurt them. Striking...Jesus Christ. He would be in MMA gloves to boot. One shot and she is lying on the ground crying or knocked cold. Reminds me of guys on here arguing that Ronda Rousey could beat top 10 fighters lmao

What makes people so sure that someone like Canelo hasn't cross trained for fun between fights? I would bet my life that Canelo has a basic level of mma and he is obviously not your average joe off the street, but an elite level boxer

No fucking female would have a prayer with Canelo in boxing, MMA or the street. No chance in hell would she win!

Notice that boxers always want to fight mma guys at boxing, none of them want to take an mma fight, why is that?

As for the Shevchenko question, would a top male tennis player beat a top female table tennis star? Has that ever happened, my money would be on the female but who knows.
Compare the money top boxers make compared to top mma fighters and you will find the answer.

Im simply amazed that a thread in witch discusion is "Can a 125 lb MMA chick cud defeat 175 lb world champ boxer "has gone to 6 pages.Only on sherdog.

Canelo fought Lightheavyweight in Boxing, which is 178 pounds weight class.

No, he fought at 175 because that's what LHW is. You're thinking ammy's lhw. Why open your big mouth when you don't even know what you're talking about?

You idiots really think she would stand a chance. Oh she would.tske him down lol get the hell out of here. You all assume that just because someone isn't a wrestler they can't stop a take down. Second even if she shoots for a takedown you all saw what the Black beast did to blades when he shot for a takedown. Now just sit there and think Canelo is tremendously faster than Lewis hits damn near as hard and has way better reaction time and timing on his punches. Even if she does shoot she gets her face broken

Omg, I made 3 pounds difference mistake when I was talking about how big a fighter was, great catch kiddo, be proud of yourself, I edited my post, now that's 3 pounds less than the original one, it's definitely a gigantic difference and a game changer, thanks for reminding that, are you happy now? <45>

Every post you make is stupid, that's the point.

Compare the money top boxers make compared to top mma fighters and you will find the answer.

That's true for the very top of the tree, doesn't explain why the middle ranked guys don't give it a go, realism I guess.

Your post is only not stupid when you think that 3 pounds is a huge difference and when you believe it's worthy to even mention. <45>

I'm not the idiot going around telling people LHW in boxing is 178 lbs. I wouldn't have brought it up but almost every post you make you say something beyond stupid. I feel bad for people like you =/

I'm not the idiot going around telling people LHW in boxing is 178 lbs. I wouldn't have brought it up but almost every post you make you say something beyond stupid. I feel bad for people like you =/
Lmao.

So you still want to talk nonsense?

Ok, Lightheavyweight is 178 pounds in olympic-style amateur boxing, since I actually follow boxing unlike you google and learn it, I actually follow olympics, and for once I mistake it with the olympic boxing,

Here, LHW is 178,

In Olympic-style amateur boxing the weight divisions for men are:

• light flyweight, not more than 108 pounds (49 kg)
  • flyweight, 115 pounds (52 kg)
  • bantamweight, 123 pounds (56 kg)
  • lightweight, 132 pounds (60 kg)
  • light welterweight, 141 pounds (64 kg)
  • welterweight, 152 pounds (69 kg)
  • middleweight, 165 pounds (75 kg)
  • light heavyweight, 178 pounds (81 kg)
  • heavyweight, 201 pounds (91 kg)
  • super heavyweight, any weight over 201 pounds (91 kg)
Happy now? Did you learn why I made a 3 pounds mistake now? <45>

There is a 178 pounds Lightheavyweight boxing division, and I never said it's pro, perhaps I meant olympic boxing how about that? ;)

That's true for the very top of the tree, doesn't explain why the middle ranked guys don't give it a go, realism I guess.
I think they try it in the gym and get handled, so they decide to better stick to what they know. IMO this is proof that Kickboxing and Muay Thai are much better bases for MMA than boxing.

You don't even see them in LFA and regional prmotions testing the waters, but you see plenty of wrestlers, BJJ and kickboxers there.

The only case I remember an amateur boxer with a good MMA record at LHW in DWCS that was fighting an MMA "striker" that claimed to not like grappling at all. Early in the fight, the boxer rocked him and the "striker" clinched him and pushed him towards the cage. They spent the rest of the fight there, the striker won the UD.

In the 90's boxers would always fail because they would get taken down in seconds without throwin a single punch. But these days, just by clinching them, they are easily nullified. So even with a few months of TDD training, is not enough

Canelo depends on whether she can get him down before he connects. If she can get him down via a trip of some kind (which she's exceptionally good at) then I don't see how he could get up personally, because he's more than likely completely useless on the ground.
Even if she manages to take him to the ground somehow he would still hurt her from the bottom with his punches like kimo did to Royce Gracie, worse actually. She has never been hit by a 170 pound male that knows how to punch. Even if he can't put much power there from the bottom, it would still shock her and he may end up on top throwing leather on her while she desperately covers because she cannot handle that much power. Or he would simply take advantage, push her and get up with no technique like Derrick Lewis does and she would be terrified of even getting close after that.

The difference between male and female is huge. Look at Ostrovich, a grappler on the same division. She was crying and begging in that audio to her hubby, a 125 fighter. You don't think he hits harder than Canelo, right? And do you think he had to "outgrapple her in a fight" before she started crying and started begging him to stop punching? No, he just started punching and she froze because she is not used to be hit with that kind of power. And that dude is 40 pounds smaller than Canelo.

Boxers suck in a real fight against an MMA fighter. They've always failed in MMA. Moreno would easily handle Canelo. But a woman against a man that knows how to punch? No contest, man. Too much disadvantage. There is just no way outside a lucky submission at the beginning.

Last edited:
Back