Would Valentina beat Canelo in an MMA fight?

Boxing and wrestling would qualify as martial arts training, obviously.
Yup. My pops was a golden gloves champion boxer. I've been around boxing and wrestling all my life. I didn't compete in boxing, myself though. Nunes isn't that good of a boxer. She looks good pounding women but most men in any of the top promotions are better than she is.

Yup. My pops was a golden gloves champion boxer. I've been around boxing and wrestling all my life. I didn't compete in boxing, myself though. Nunes isn't that good of a boxer. She looks good pounding women but most men in any of the top promotions are better than she is.

Noone is arguing that she would beat trained boxers in boxing. I'm arguing that she could beat an average untrained dude in a street fight, which some people are disagreeing with, which I find to be crazy.

A normal dude without any proper training in a martial art of some kind? No chance.

Maybe the "average joe" gave the wrong impression. I said "fit", so I am at least expecting some motor coordination and I also said I'd give them a good chance, their odds being lower than Canelo, ofc. If you bring big(ger than Val) average guys into the conversation, then it pretty much falls in the same category.

Maybe the "average joe" gave the wrong impression. I said "fit", so I am at least expecting some motor coordination and I also said I'd give them a good chance, their odds being lower than Canelo, ofc. If you bring big(ger than Val) guys into the conversation, then it pretty much falls in the same category.

Your average dude who lifts at the gym three times a week stands no chance unless they train a martial art.

Noone is arguing that she would beat trained boxers in boxing. I'm arguing that she could beat an average untrained dude in a street fight, which some people are disagreeing with, which I find to be crazy.
I didn't say untrained now did I?

There are a whole lot of pussies out there that never been in a fight and wouldn't know what to do but that's not really telling you anything about her vs Canelo.

no and you explained why. Fencing and sword fighting are something that don’t rely on strength and it’s a 1 hit kill.

the better example would be a trained person with a knife vs an untrained person with a spear.

spear wins btw

That only works if knife fighter is unversed in spear fighting. If they've trained spear fighting they'd easily avoid the untrained guys amateurish thrusts and cut his throat, which brings us back to mma vs Boxing.

Joking? Any 175 pound amateur boxer will easily murder Chevchenko.

I didn't say untrained now did I?

There are a whole lot of pussies out there that never been in a fight and wouldn't know what to do but that's not really telling you anything about her vs Canelo.

The bit you replied to me in initially was me talking about that, that's all.

Canelo depends on whether she can get him down before he connects. If she can get him down via a trip of some kind (which she's exceptionally good at) then I don't see how he could get up personally, because he's more than likely completely useless on the ground.

Your average dude who lifts at the gym three times a week stands no chance unless they train a martial art.

:rolleyes: come on now...

Did you see bully beatdown where an MMA guy beat an "average gym dude" and he just took it and didn't give up? (And yes, the MMA guy was likely holding back, but still) Now put Valentina in there and allow the gym dude to hit back. She'd get mauled.

I give Ronda a better chance. Just because a smart Ronda will go for a Judo trip like her life depended on it and her takedowns are better than Valentina’s.

All that said, Canelo hits like a truck and is fast. One punch and it’s night night for any of the chicks we’ve mentioned.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: come on now...

Did you see bully beatdown where an MMA guy beat an "average gym dude" and he just took it and didn't give up? (And yes, the MMA guy was likely holding back, but still) Now put Valentina in there and allow the gym dude to hit back. She'd get mauled.

That was a scripted TV show and a lot of the dudes on there clearly had some form of martial arts training, I can remember at least one that was obviously a decent level wrestler.

You don't think Valentina could take down a 180lb dude with zero takedown defense?

Have you ever grappled before? 250lb white belts get taken down and submitted in every BJJ school by guys way smaller
This is not a filthy fat James Toney fighting Randy Couture ( man v man on top) in a cage where one ankle pic takes place and its game, set - match.

I have to pinch myself when some of this stuff gets posted as a hypothetical.
This is beyond ridiculous.

Go watch ( and I understand its mma v mma but - still- youd get the jist of it) Mousasi v Ronda in their little grapple spar where the bigger Gegard was going 25% at best v rousey..... the Armenians ( who were/are extremely friendly with ronda) told her to go as strong as she could. This came after Rouseys comments of " beating Cain under the right circumstances ".

The whole thing was quite a joke . Canelo, currently, is one of the top 5 combat fighting figures in the world and hes alot bigger and stronger than shev.
Why am I even explaining this . It doesn't matter if it's in a cage and mma - after 4-5 minutes , shev would just laugh it off and " no mas" it like it was a show.

Again, I'm a figure who is all for " gal/ chick power " but this ? .... is just ....just freekn ridiculous. The dog should just do away with this topic .

Saw a poll on YouTube a few days ago and the results were 90% Valentina

What do you think? Do you think her superior all-around skill would beat his size advantage?

I would personally pick Valentina to leg kick, then take him down and finish him
I think you're stupid.

That was a scripted TV show and a lot of the dudes on there clearly had some form of martial arts training, I can remember at least one that was obviously a decent level wrestler.

Ok, keep your wishful thinking.
Just please don't go around spreading that message to your female friends, they might take up some MMA training and think they can beat the construction worker drinking some beers at the local bar.

Ok, keep your wishful thinking.
Just please don't go around spreading that message to your female friends, they might take up some MMA training and think they can beat the construction worker drinking some beers at the local bar.

I don't think my female friends could, but I'd be very confident in Valentina Shevchenko.

Can't believe this is a real conversation but ok.... Canelo lands one body shot 15 seconds in and its all over.

Yeah. Val would fake a low kick, and the boxer guy would be in such shock and awe, his jaw will be hanging when Val hits one of her famous spinning back kicks to the body, which this boxer man has never seen or felt before.. and then his soul leaves his body as he lays crumbled on the canvas.

RIP Boxer man.

It's amazing how this question has really been taken so seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back