Would Valentina beat Canelo in an MMA fight?

These people are mental midgets. They think they can run forward and spam punches and they'd knock out Valentina Shevchenko

weight classes exist for a reason. The best 125 woman in the world could do nothing against the lowest ranked light heavy weight coming off a career ending injury

you know literally nothing. You are looking at a controlled environment.

In an actual fight a larger man being grappled by a woman is a joke. When you’re allowed to strike them in the face or god forbid just pull their hair it ends pretty quickly.

a woman can strike an untrained man to death though, but grapple a larger man just fucking lol

A high level woman against somebody who's clueless at grappling, absolutely. It wouldn't take much grappling training for the man to know enough to be competitive though.

There's girls at my gym who are white belts who've trained for 6 months that can sub normal size new dudes, the highest ranked girl in the gym is a purple belt and she toys with them. Imagine what Valentina Shevchenko would do to them.
there is tons of girls in my gym and it doesnt matter how much they train, they cant hurt any grown fit trained man no matter how much more bjj, boxing, thaiboxing or whatever they have done.

Notice that boxers always want to fight mma guys at boxing, none of them want to take an mma fight, why is that?

As for the Shevchenko question, would a top male tennis player beat a top female table tennis star? Has that ever happened, my money would be on the female but who knows.

Serena and Venus Williams played against I think the …. 164th ranked male tennis player after he finished drinking a 6 pack and he schooled both of them

there is tons of girls in my gym and it doesnt matter how much they train, they cant hurt any grown fit trained man no matter how much more bjj, boxing, thaiboxing or whatever they have done.

Trained man being the key. People are arguing with me that a random average guy off the street would beat up Valentina.

This thread is hurting my brain

The US women’s soccer team that won it all lost to a team of male teenagers in an exhibition.

Canelos single uppercut would not only knock Valentina out it would probably end her career. I know some of you are lacking testosterone in a major way but science is a thing.

this is not kung fu flicks and Hollywood boys. Canelo is bigger faster and stronger. This is like putting a trained killer chihuahua vs a pitbull

I get that we're supposed to be supportive of women in athletics and there are some good female athletes. However, they're still female.

I grew up wrestling and spent 20+ years coaching wrestlers. I've coached female wrestlers.

There's simply no comparison between men and women when It comes to strength, speed, and overall explosiveness. Are there female wrestlers that beat males? Yes, but we're talking 7th grade boys wrestling girls that are juniors or seniors in high school. Even at that most 7th grade boys will ragdoll a junior or senior girl in a wrestling match. The difference gets even bigger as the age difference gets smaller.

I think here in MN we've only ever had two girls make it to the state wrestling tournament and both went out early without a single win.

Most of these elite women in MMA look like they can fight men because they look good at beating up women who they are significantly stronger and better than them.

Even Canelo being a boxer and probably not having much clue about wrestling would dominate pretty much all women in MMA. Do you realize how much bigger and stronger a 160lbd man is than 125lb woman? <45><45><45>

Besides the size difference, men also have lower bodyfat. Even in top shape female athletes are not near as lean as male athletes. Men also have a higher percentage of fast-twitch muscle fibers which makes them much more explosive. Even if she was able to take him down there would be nearly zero chance she can keep him down. I mean there's always a chance anyone of any size could get an RNC in but that's probably it.

I'll put it this way. I'm not a huge guy. I'm not an elite athlete. I haven't run into a woman on the mat or weight room that I thought I would lose too. Granted, I haven't seen any female Olympic lifters but it's rare occasion I see women with more than 100lbs on any bar besides the squat rack.

Last edited:
Trained man being the key. People are arguing with me that a random average guy off the street would beat up Valentina.
the average man from the street could not even beat a well trained 14 year old.

This thread is hurting my brain

The US women’s soccer team that won it all lost to a team of male teenagers in an exhibition.

Canelos single uppercut would not only knock Valentina out it would probably end her career. I know some of you are lacking testosterone in a major way but science is a thing.

this is not kung fu flicks and Hollywood boys. Canelo is bigger faster and stronger. This is like putting a trained killer chihuahua vs a pitbull

I don't think anyone is arguing that she stands a chance striking.

Serena and Venus Williams played against I think the …. 164th ranked male tennis player after he finished drinking a 6 pack and he schooled both of them

Yes, but that's in the same sport, I'm talking about different skill sets. Table Tennis vs Tennis, MMA vs Boxing. Give Canelo a sword and match him with a world champ female fencer, do you think he'd win?

I think Canelo uppercuts her to the body once and its over

Yes, but that's in the same sport, I'm talking about different skill sets. Table Tennis vs Tennis, MMA vs Boxing. Give Canelo a sword and match him with a world champ female fencer, do you think he'd win?

no and you explained why. Fencing and sword fighting are something that don’t rely on strength and it’s a 1 hit kill.

the better example would be a trained person with a knife vs an untrained person with a spear.

spear wins btw

the average man from the street could not even beat a well trained 14 year old.
Well, if considering size and strength there is a point at which your skill doesn't do a lot. This is the reason why Nunes would get KTFO fighting any average size man with some experience and a fair number of dudes at a bar would probably kick her ass in a fist fight too.She looks like she's throwing bombs against other small women but a 6ft 185lb dude that's not a pussy probably destroys her.

Well, if considering size and strength there is a point at which your skill doesn't do a lot. This is the reason why Nunes would get KTFO fighting any average size man with some experience and a fair number of dudes at a bar would probably kick her ass in a fist fight too.She looks like she's throwing bombs against other small women but a 6ft 185lb dude that's not a pussy probably destroys her.

A normal dude without any proper training in a martial art of some kind? No chance.

No, I just train and I'm aware of the difference martial arts skill makes as I regularly see big, strong, athletic dudes come in and get tapped multiple times by people half their size.
That guy thinks being 200lbs means you can just one hand a 135lb human
Weight distribution plays a part and humans aren't dumbbells

A normal dude without any proper training in a martial art of some kind? No chance.
Yup. Nunes would get destroyed by any guy who had boxing training, maybe was a decent wrestler in high school. There's not a single man in UFC ,Bellator, or even LFA even at lower weights that wouldn't completely destroy her. With the size advantage and strength advantage, I think there are a good number of bros on the street that would destroy her as well.

Yup. Nunes would get destroyed by any guy who had boxing training, maybe was a decent wrestler in high school. There's not a single man in UFC ,Bellator, or even LFA even at lower weights that wouldn't completely destroy her. With the size advantage and strength advantage, I think there are a good number of bros on the street that would destroy her as well.

Boxing and wrestling would qualify as martial arts training, obviously.

I dont wana entertain this match up but
If Val can grab him I think she can win but I also think if Canelo can land anywhere on her entry its done. Canelos power imo is more then anything Vals taken or could take a body or head shot puts her down

KO 1st rnd Canello, wont happen any other way!

Back