Would Tony Ferguson Have a Chance to Step In If Conor or Khabib Gets Injured?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Should Tony make sure he's in fighting shape just in case? Would the UFC go for this if Conor or Khabib gets injured?

great question.

he should be.

Hopefully the UFC has backup plans, I'm not trying to be negative but I don't think this fight will ever happen, khabib will pull out.

hes a pullout-merchant remember?

Should Tony make sure he's in fighting shape just in case? Would the UFC go for this if Conor or Khabib gets injured?

well since tony hasn't said any update on when he could be back I say that a no go. plus the ufc would have to have some one on stand bye for the guy on stand bye

Maybe.

But if he has more than 24 hours between him accepting the fight and him walking into the cage, he's at risk of kicking a fucking telephone pole or something and breaking his leg again so I'd rather not

Maybe they'll put him on the card as backup.

He hasn't even been fully cleared yet.. he's only been cleared to do lite training.

well since tony hasn't said any update on when he could be back I say that a no go. plus the ufc would have to have some one on stand bye for the guy on stand bye
Earlier today a poster asserted that Tony won’t fight until 2019. There was no source and I didn’t bother to check it out. Unless Tony gives a return date we can park any idea of him fighting.

It sucks, but he shouldn’t rush back.

Only 1 of Conor/Khabib has pulled out of fights.

So yes I'd be happy to see Conor vs Tony if it happened.

Tony is a more legitimate LW Champ than Khabib anyway. At least he beat someone in the top 10 to get his fake belt.

Back