Would this be the 1st time someone fighting back to back in modern era?

Chris Leben 2nd round TKOd Aaron Simpson on June 19th and then 3rd round submitted Yoshihiro Akiyama on July 3rd.

And those were back to back events.

The first fight was TUF 11 Finale and the other was UFC 116 - Lesnar vs Carwin.

Cowboy is one seriously tough dude. I'm not sure he can ever beat Showtime but he is very entertaining, very hard working, and holy shit he likes to help a MF'er out with their legs. Thing is, his strategy may be incredibly smart. If he knows there is a good chance he will never be champion, why not cash in while in his prime by fighting 4-5 times a year? Its alot of pay checks. Most other fighters are afraid to do that. Its too much risk of losing and not getting a title shot but with Cowboy it seems he took a different strategy. Get paid.

Thumbs up to Cowboy

Chris Leben 2nd round TKOd Aaron Simpson on June 19th and then 3rd round submitted Yoshihiro Akiyama on July 3rd.

Chas Skelly 1st round sub of Tom Ninimaki Aug 23, 2014, then UD over Sean Soriano on Sep 5, 2014. Big names there, I know. But they were on successive Fight Nights I think (Bendo vs Dos Anjos and Mousasi vs Jacare).

Nope, but more than one month between fights.

Nice Call dude. Not that I didn't believe you, but I researched just now and you're spot on. Tito and quick turnarounds don't seem to go hand in hand. lol

Yeah Leben, what made his so epic was the way he came back and finished Akiyama after going full zombie

Damn he was fun to watch

Chas Skelly rebounded on 13 days, I think that's the record

no i remember some lesser known name did it within two weeks recently, a year ago or so ish

Back