Would the UFC reach mainstream recognition if they kept it bare knuckle?

I don’t think so. Fighter in BKB have even shorter careers.. Houston Alexander does BKB locally here and his brain is done. He can’t remember the name of his wife..

Today’s mma fans are put off by the bare knuckle boxing. as a fan since the mid 90s I find this logic hilarious.

So put some fingerless gloves on a guy water down the rules and you get a lot of hardcore fans. …

I don’t think so. Fighter in BKB have even shorter careers.. Houston Alexander does BKB locally here and his brain is done. He can’t remember the name of his wife..

That has nothing to do with bare knuckle boxing. The headgear the gloves give you a hell of a lot more concussions than bare knuckles.

It's not ultimate fighting with gloves and stand-up for each new round. It's a sport now

It always was a sport. Humans primarily fight with weapons. With them we're top of the food chain, without them we're food for tigers, lions and bears -- not to mention very lousy predators. Bare knuckle or gloves, its all unarmed, and that makes it a sport. It'll be real fights when they allow fighters to bring in any weapons they can find and use, and as many allies as they can round up, because that's how humans fight for real.

The reason for gloves instead of bare knuckles is to protect fighter's hands -- there are a lot of small bones in the hand that can easily break when a skull is hit. This isn't a problem in real fights because those hands would be holding weapons -- hence our hands never evolved to hit hard objects, unlike say bear or tiger paws, which can hit very hard targets wtihout breaking.

Why would it improve the UFC? Only negatives. Sure there's the novelty factor, but there would be a ton of cuts and hand injuries. It wouldn't go over well

That has nothing to do with bare knuckle boxing. The headgear the gloves give you a hell of a lot more concussions than bare knuckles.

To be fair, we don't know how many strikes, slams, accidents, etc. an individual has taken over the course of their life/careers. It's not like someone is saying, "sure, hit me in the head because I have head gear on."

It's not like someone has to say "fighting is not good for brain health."

tenor.gif

Did the athletic commission pressure them to enforce gloves?
UFC has already reached mainstream recognition... Mostly because of Conor's, though controversial, very efficient marketing skill.
Thread title is like saying "How do we make the blue box blue, do we add glitter on it?"

There are kids who don't play sports or even know what mma is, yet heard of Conor through social media posts and know he "does ufc".

Who cares about having no gloves? I personally don't know anybody who care much about bare-knuckle boxing... there's barely any international attention of fandom for it. That's like saying, should the world championships in tennis use badminton to boost their numbers... who the fuck watches badminton.

Your thread is random af...

UFC has already reached mainstream recognition... Mostly because of Conor's, though controversial, very efficient marketing skill.
Thread title is like saying "How do we make the blue box blue, do we add glitter on it?"

There are kids who don't play sports or even know what mma is, yet heard of Conor through social media posts and know he "does ufc".

Who cares about having no gloves? I personally don't know anybody who care much about bare-knuckle boxing... there's barely any international attention of fandom for it. That's like saying, should the world championships in tennis use badminton to boost their numbers... who the fuck watches badminton.

Your thread is random af...

You misread the title.

On a side note. When watching the most recent BKFC and they had the YouTubers box with gloves on. I was confused because I thought I was watching bare knuckle fights. Not a good look.

Back