Would the ufc hold a title fight in the U.K

TinkerMan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I no there was talk about bisping getting his shot soon and rockhold said he's game for London, would the ufc even hold it in the UK due to the time difference etc? Don't get me wrong it would do huge business over here probly more than a McGregor fight in Dublin due to the size of the UK but Im not sure the ufc would risk it. In fact when was the last title fight held in the UK or even Europe?

Bisping vs Rockhold 2 lel. Vitor vs Jacare is happening

Already did

bj-penn_joe-stevenson.gif

I thought about this, and yeah, I think it's a possibility.

The main drawback of holding a title fight in Europe is the timezone difference and the loss of PPV revenue. But they have so many titles now, and Rockhold/Bisping isn't a big PPV fight, so they wouldn't lose as much by holding it over here. I wonder whether they could do a stadium show. Maybe they could do it in Old Trafford, in Bisping's hometown. For the States, they'd either have to tape delay it and show it later, like some of the old British PPVs (UFC 72, 80, 85, etc.), or just put it on Fight Pass like Bisping/Silva. Alternatively, I wonder if they could run the show in the early hours of the morning like they did with Gustafsson/Rumble on Fox in Stockholm.

See BJ Penn vs Joe Stevenson, Rampage vs Henderson and Barao vs McDonald for details.

Back