Would The BW Division Be Popular If...

The problem with BW isn't talent, but fan friendly personality at the top. Sterling and Dillashaw are hated by the fans, Yan's a headcase, and as a non Muslim Russian, his worldwide appeal has a cap on it in a way that others don't. Sandhagen has a pretty meh personality, and Aldo, while elite, isn't going to be a belt holder if we're being honest. Why do you think they've pushed Sean O'Malley so hard, despite the fact that he, while a flamboyant and often devastating finisher, lost via osteoporosis to the only ranked opponent he's ever faced?

FW and BW are very hard to respect except the very top few fighters.

They're just not that bad ass when the average drunk college kid could knock these guys out in a bar fight.

... There were no Flyweight division?

Or would Bantamweight then just be the small guys, the manlets etc.

In short - Is the existence of the Flyweight Division important for the popularity of the Bantamweight Division?
The BW division is one of the most popular divisions today

The average weight of women in the US is about 170 lbs. look it up. Maybe if you’re a teen you might find one of those 100 lbs anorexic type women. But most women weigh considerably more than that. It’s a fact. Certainly more than a fully grown 125-135 lbs man.
https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/average-weight-for-women

Oh wow - the average weight of a woman in a country that is famous for obesity is 170. Hm...

2021, and people still talk on the internet as if USA = World. Learn a thing called perspective.

Lol at thinking if you're not 170 you MUST be anorexic and 100 pounds. The average weight of a woman is significantly lower than 170.

Oh wow - the average weight of a woman in a country that is famous for obesity is 170. Hm...

2021, and people still talk on the internet as if USA = World. Learn a thing called perspective.

Lol at thinking if you're not 170 you MUST be anorexic and 100 pounds. The average weight of a woman is significantly lower than 170.

USA is all that matters. Greatest nation on God's green Earth.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, Bantamweight is pretty popular, no?

It's mostly 125 who still gets too much of a raw deal, in my eyes.
that's his point, would people treat 135 the same they do 125 now if it were the smallest weight class.

that's his point, would people treat 135 the same they do 125 now if it were the smallest weight class.
Thank you! I really tried to formulate the OP in simple English, but I often over estimate the mental capacity of my beloved Sherbros.

It seems like BW has gotten more popular recently.

As for FLW, I think UFC should have refused to trade Johnson for Askren. Make the Cejudo/Johnson trilogy and keep investing in the FLW division. I believe it would have taken off eventually especially with guys like Dillashaw and Garbrandt moving down and getting blasted.

Wow.... Reading comprehension is not a strength on Sherdog...

Dude literally saying BW is popular. Question is, does a lower weight class prevent it from being seen as the "manlet" division and thus makes it more acceptable?

No. You're spot on, it would be perceived as the manlet division. The same way it was LW in the 2000s.

If the FLW division got cut then yeah maybe

People generally just don’t show a lot of respect to weight classes that are lower than the weights of their girlfriends. Sad but true.

They’ve never had a true star at 125-135. Right or wrong. Stacked or not. That’s just a fact of life.

Thankfully most of us dont smash fatties like you. So 150 lb fighters are great imo

Back