Would Teddy Riner Ronda the entire HW division?

Wasn't real, but I'll admit he looked lumbering in all movement other than throwing motherfuckers.

Aside - 265lb weightlimit and poor pay/getting-thrown-under-bus as-soon-as-beaten is really putting a dent in the belief that our HW champ is actually the toughest fighter on earth.

I think a ton of high end competitors from a variety of sports really WANT to test themselves in the ultimate alpha showdown, but the pay is way too low, and the really big athletes either can't make the limit, or would have to Cyborg themselves to get there.

I can't imagine that pro or even Olympic judo pays better than HW mma in the UFC.

I can't imagine that pro or even Olympic judo pays better than HW mma in the UFC.

It doesn't. Some countries though have one off athletes that are exceptions to the rules. This dude earns an absolute mint. They offered him millions previously to transition and he turned it down. He's on something like 400k per year. Not great compared to football but for Judo

Pretty much this. Nobody Ronda's any male division. You can only Ronda a division with one strength when your opposition is horrendously low.

Ronda's skill set would get Ronda'd in any male division. She'd be 0-12.

For people making fun of Brock, but drewling over Ronda, here is something funny. You guys don't count Brock's first MMA win as anything, but Kim Min-soo, was a way more accomplished judoka than Ronda and Brock did this to him:

[YT]watch?v=acXd9DsnjjY[/YT]

Wasn't real, but I'll admit he looked lumbering in all movement other than throwing motherfuckers.

Aside - 265lb weightlimit and poor pay/getting-thrown-under-bus as-soon-as-beaten is really putting a dent in the belief that our HW champ is actually the toughest fighter on earth.

I think a ton of high end competitors from a variety of sports really WANT to test themselves in the ultimate alpha showdown, but the pay is way too low, and the really big athletes either can't make the limit, or would have to Cyborg themselves to get there.

Don't even get me started on the retarded 265 weight limit.

Wow, I didn't realize Kim was anything at all. That women's div., sigh. It wouldn't be a problem if they didn't work so hard to convince everyone that its an incredible division, and that Ronda is just SO good that these great, great girls just can't do anything, and that there's no one out there for her to fight.

I guess the toughest woman in the world can't walk at more than 155, which is even more ridiculous than the men's limit.

Women's Bantamweight is weak. It's like Royce in the 90's so in 5-10 years there will be more girls that would beat Ronda.

In all seriousness he'd probably be finished by Tim Johnson unless he trained MMA for years. It's a weird sport man, you can't really predict success.

Depends on how interested he is in getting better at MMA, how his chin is, and if his mother obsessively taught him armbars as a small child. People forget about Ronda's intangibles when assessing her performance.

Wow, I didn't realize Kim was anything at all. That women's div., sigh. It wouldn't be a problem if they didn't work so hard to convince everyone that its an incredible division, and that Ronda is just SO good that these great, great girls just can't do anything, and that there's no one out there for her to fight.

I guess the toughest woman in the world can't walk at more than 155, which is even more ridiculous than the men's limit.

The UFC limit is capped at the weight where women are still slim enough to sell sex. The notion that Ronda's the baddest women on the planet is a joke in itself. There are 6'4 260lb women out there

If that guy has a decent chin he'd retire undefeated.

Its so funny to me how people can look at a guy's physique and his performance in a sport other than MMA and just think he'd be this 10x defending champion who never loses.

size doesn't mean shit. this guy would probably tap if someone gave him a bloody nose for all we know. from the looks of his gentle appearance, he doesn't want none of the ufc.

Teddy vs Uriah Faber & Bear

Riner > Chabal

but Lebanner is the Fort Boyard goat

Last edited:
throwing people around and applying submissions on mats is different than getting put in a cage to fight. he could have potential but does he have the balls to step into an mma ring or cage?? some bjj guys dread fighting mma .

It doesn't. Some countries though have one off athletes that are exceptions to the rules. This dude earns an absolute mint. They offered him millions previously to transition and he turned it down. He's on something like 400k per year. Not great compared to football but for Judo

In 2012 Riner made around a million dollars when you include endorsements. He made over 430k in 2013 just in "salary" from his country. That number doesn't include bonuses, money he makes from Judo Competitions nor endorsements. That was just money paid to him by the government. His car and apartment are also paid for by the government. hes got a sweet deal going.

There are maybe 3 people in MMA who make as much or more money.

Yeah, he's on a dime. There are some random sports out there where one off players get big money. There's a dude in table tennis earning millions per year. They have another in European handball. It's crazy.

Him next to Kongo:

Sportel+2013+Prize+Ceremony+fjHerS13h0cl.jpg

Maybe if Teddy Riner has a magic wand that transforms his opponents into headless chicken.

Can he avoid a TD from a strong NCAA D1 or Olympic American wrestler?

Back