Would shifting the weight classes be a good idea?

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would help certain fighters out by shifting the weight classes by 5lbs. Like:

125 to 130
135 to 140
145 to 150
155 to 160
then have 170
180 MW?
190 MW?
205 LHW

They could keep the women's divisions on the 5. 190lb weight class could benefit Weidman and Rockhold. 150lbs could benefit Aldo, Mcgregor, etc.

190lb weight class could benefit Weidman and Rockhold. 150lbs could benefit Aldo, Mcgregor, etc.

4 fighters who definitely need a helping hand right there.

I was wondering if it would help certain fighters out by shifting the weight classes by 5lbs. Like:

125 to 130
135 to 140
145 to 150
155 to 160
then have 170
180 MW?
190 MW?
205 LHW

They could keep the women's divisions on the 5. 190lb weight class could benefit Weidman and Rockhold. 150lbs could benefit Aldo, Mcgregor, etc.

It wouldn't help because then fighters would cut another 5 lbs and guys like Barao would fight at FLW and Conor Mc would fight at BW.

everything is fine.

Just get rid of wmma and flyweights or keep wmma seperate.

It wouldn't help because then fighters would cut another 5 lbs and guys like Barao would fight at FLW and Conor Mc would fight at BW.

LOL. Conor would go to 150 and maybe Barao could make 140 easier

One big improvement is that the fighters have make weight as they enter the ring besides making weight the day before. Until that happens weight classes have no meaning.

LOL. Conor would go to 150 and maybe Barao could make 140 easier

I doubt it since then 155 guys would drop to 150 and Conor Mc would have to face the LWs he's been ducking. It's not about how easy the weight cut is, as these guys have shown they will starve and dehydrate themselves near to death to make weight. It's about gaining any kind of competitive advantage they can get, which is also why they risk using PEDs.

Na, Ragnarockers got a point. I think theyd still try to cut even more weight.

One big improvement is that the fighters have make weight as they enter the ring besides making weight the day before. Until that happens weight classes have no meaning.

This will never ever happen. Weight cutting would still happen.

Na, Ragnarockers got a point. I think theyd still try to cut even more weight.

I'm looking at this from the possible IV ban standpoint. Even though McGergor looked fine at the weigh-ins against Mendes, he looked drained in the Siver fight.

fighter's will do ANYTHING to have the size advantage.

Back