Would Rousey vs. Carano have been a worthy UFC PPV main event?

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Obviously everyone is pretty split on whether Rousey vs. Carmouche should be main eventing a PPV (or even on PPV at all).

So, replace Liz Carmouche with Gina Carano (assuming she could make weight) for the Rousey's championship.

How do you feel about this match-up as a main event? Is it worthy? Would you buy?

Fuel card or FX card, hell yes.
PPV card or Fox card, fuck no.

Gina Carano is done as an active competition in MMA.

She has starred in the main role of a wide release movie, Haywire, and his going to co-star in the upcoming big budget 6th picture in the Fast and Furious series.

It's also front page news that she has been dating the new Superman, Henry Cavil (sp?).

Unless it was a 7 figure payday, which isn't going to happen, then she isn't coming back in the near future.

I definitely thought Rousey-Tate was PPV worthy...If Carano was as relevant as she was back in the day....I think this one would be as well...But I love watching the females fight..They always bring it!

both women are marketable (hot) so i cant see why not, im still not a supporter of wmma in the ufc tho. why dont they strike a deal with invicta or something

Considering alot of the fighters who fought Carano were paid to take a dive, I wouldn't pay to see her fight.

nah no WMMA event honestly i

maybe a Fuel Tv card or a fight night
but not a PPV

The skill level isn't on that level yet

As ZackZed said, Rousey Carano fight could be the main even for a fuel or fx card, but not a PPV card.

To be honest, only PPV worthy WMMA matchup at the moment would be Rousey vs Cyborg.

Nope

I wouldnt buy

I like watching competitive main events

Gina would get subbed so fast she'd think she was getting jumped

Back