Would Ronda react better to a second loss than her first?

Otto!

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ronda took her first loss harder than any other fighter I know. I get the feeling that this fight is more about closure than redemption, just to prove to herself that she can step in the cage again. I actually would not be surprised to see her retire even if she wins.

What if she loses again though? Would she go into hiding again, or would she simply move on to other things? I think that she's already been through the worse of it after the Holm fight, and that she would probably retire and stay out of the spotlight, but not take it as hard as last time.

Thoughts?

If Rhonda gets beat up I think she will retire

I'm going to say no, mostly because the first fight made her confront a harsh reality and she took a lot of time off to eat and try to figure out what she was going to do.

Now that retirement is already on her mind, this would merely be confirmation that her time is up and that causes much, much less angst and existential crises than the "what if" rumination does.

She would have another meltdown. That chick is just mentally weak. Classic bully complex

If she loses she definitely retires. If she wins she may but either way, those that wanted her blood already got it with the first loss. A second loss be it this fight or if she fights again won't be nearly the deal it was before

Hopefully. I don't think she will fight again if she loses. Maybe if she loses a close/controversial decision

If Ronda gets ko'd again she'll need to be put in a straitjacket for sure.

P.S. - Fuck @Guernica

#banGuernica2017 #goatsaretoofatty
...et tu brute?

-that said, it's clear rinda had some serious mental/social anxiety issues she needs to seriously address. Makes you think that on top of the physicals, they should do some sort of psych test before letting anyone step into a cage a fight another human being.

All jokin aside, she seems unstable and I wouldn't put her past self harm given what's she's said in interviews and the way she's acted in the past. Purple pillow, suicidal talks on tv, and a complete media blackout prior to this fight. Girl is unstable.....

AND SHOOOOOK!

#GUERNICAbless

She loses, she needs to move somewhere far far from travrydyan guy

...et tu brute?

-that said, it's clear rinda had some serious mental/social anxiety issues she needs to seriously address. Makes you think that on top of the physicals, they should do some sort of psych test before letting anyone step into a cage a fight another human being.

All jokin aside, she seems unstable and I wouldn't put her past self harm given what's she's said in interviews and the way she's acted in the past. Purple pillow, suicidal talks on tv, and a complete media blackout prior to this fight. Girl is unstable.....

AND SHOOOOOK!

#GUERNICAbless

Listen bud - I think you're great but here's the thing: You're like the Mike Perry of Sherdog now, and destiny has made it so you don't have a choice. You are bigger than the self at this point. The nameless masses own you and we will do with you as we please.

#Guernicabless #Guernicabanned

P.S. - You think Ronda is mentally unstable? I wish @Mark Zima was a mod.

You'll pay GOAT!!!!!!

Hey @KONE - you and fam need more meat for Christos anesti?

If losing a second time causes her to retire.... I don't know but that's worse than a purple pillow etc.

Ronda took her first loss harder than any other fighter I know. I get the feeling that this fight is more about closure than redemption, just to prove to herself that she can step in the cage again. I actually would not be surprised to see her retire even if she wins.

What if she loses again though? Would she go into hiding again, or would she simply move on to other things? I think that she's already been through the worse of it after the Holm fight, and that she would probably retire and stay out of the spotlight, but not take it as hard as last time.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are....... your question will be answered in 4 days..... IMO she will be beat down by the end of the 3rd and either tap out, be KOed OR quit on her stool.......

Hell to the naw!!! Even she knows her Hollywood opportunities are a joke and, perhaps more importantly, she won't be able to lie to the fans about being busy with them. No scripts, no co-stars, seriously downgraded part(s) that she actually has, etc.. If she loses, you're looking at three fighters virtually guaranteed to beat her: Nunes, Holly, and the other girl that beat Holly. No way in hell she continues to fight in a division with three people likely to beat her. Plus, Cat with her head straight would have a 50/50 chance to beat her. Cat at least knows now that she doesn't have to bumrush Ronda to beat her. Plus, Nunes winning would mean Ronda taking another hellacious beating on par with or worse than getting Holm-schooled by Holly. Two brutal fights like that would take years off her career and possibly permanently lower her ability for the next fight(s).

With 3, possibly 4, people that could beat her, there is no way Ronda handles a second loss better than the first. Instead of being 2nd and arguing for a fluke against Holly, she would be 4th or worse in her division. No way her ego takes that well. At least with the first loss, she could pretend she was still the best. Losing to Nunes would prove she isn't the best.

My thoughts are....... your question will be answered in 4 days..... IMO she will be beat down by the end of the 3rd and either tap out, be KOed OR quit on her stool.......

It would be awesome if Nunes insisted on having the ref tell the doctor to check on Ronda between a round and have Ronda drool/glassy eye herself into a doctor stoppage.

Ronda is only fighting again because of her close relationship to Dana and it's a huge payday. After this fight, win or lose, she's done.

Back