Would rather fight in ONE or Bellator?

Sage's opponent was THREE times the size of him

A big 135lber vs a 125lber is not the same thing.

Caldwell vs Horiguchi is a huge 135er vs a career 125er

Sage vs Cosmo is a blown up 155er vs another blown up 155er.
Cosmo spent his entire career at a weight Sage can barely make. He is not 3x the size, he's marginally bigger.

Bellator. Pride never die but fuck that, I don’t want some roided up guy use my head for a field goal attempt.

I’m more a PFL tournament rule set type of guy.
Isn't Mouse complaining that a roided up guy hold him down in Bellator to steal his title? Looks like a roided up guy can use your head for a field goal attempt there too if you happen to be paired against a striker. Am I wrong?

A big 135lber vs a 125lber is not the same thing.
Are you kidding me with this crying? The difference in weight was much more relevant there. The thing is, Horiguchi is actually good, unlike Sage.

Are you kidding me with this crying? The difference in weight was much more relevant there. The thing is, Horiguchi is actually good, unlike Sage.

I'm not saying there wasn't a bigger size difference there. I'm referencing it SHOULD have been a big size difference there. It was in response to someone saying ONEs weigh-in system is a bit shady implying Bellator's is too because of that size difference.

One FC for sure, would move to singapore or thailand. Love the food, the women, the atmosphere. Train at tiger or something.

I don't know how to describe this, but Bellator as a mma promotion looks kinda depressing.

Most money, duh. I don't think either one is giving you much beyond that.

Threads dead but I was looking for the topic so I’ll throw my hat in the ring. For me personally, ONE FC. Bellator has some great guys like Lima, but most seem to be those that were once at a high level in the UFC but then fell of for one reason or another. Guys like Rory McDonald, Moussasi, Ryan Bader, Cyborg, Meathead, Paul Daley and so on. I think they are going to stagnate pretty soon especially with the contender series sucking up a good amount of young new talent. Bellator does however have one thing over the UFC and that’s Bellator baby’s their prospects much more than the UFC, much more.

ONE FC on the other hand has my respect for not only holding MMA fights but Kickboxing and Muay Thai as well. Granted not the “highest” level but it’s still nice.

Bellator. One is too shady with the weigh-ins. They do them in secrecy, so who knows if my opponent came in 10lbs over or not. Fuck that noise.

Sage's opponent was THREE times the size of him.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DC_5842.10.jpg

What ever one pays more!

If that was not your Answear, your a cluless no talent Sherdoger mod

Bellator. One is too shady with the weigh-ins. They do them in secrecy, so who knows if my opponent came in 10lbs over or not. Fuck that noise.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DC_5842.10.jpg
Fuck off. Cosmo has fought as low as 155lbs.

That night both were 185lbs. Not his fault Sage has a lot of unnecessary beach muscles.

I'd sit on the sidelines and wait for RIZIN to call

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DC_5842.10.jpg
Why would the org have a fan favourite (or if not, at least a well known guy) be in such a disadvantage?

I guess to take this question more seriously and give thought out answers with greater context, it is difficult. ONE FC is Singapore based if I’m not mistaken, and hold most of their events in South East Asia. Practically this would work best for me since I’m Australian and live still live here. This hopefully depending on where the event is could cut down on any potential jet lag at least a little bit. Plus I’m absolutely petrified of flying so the less time in the air the better lol. However one big factor that makes it hard is money, now I think ONE FC pays in USD but if it doesn’t and it pays in either Singapore dollars or Australian that money isn’t as good as USD. That being said if you’re a kickboxer like me then absolutely now doubt ONE FC is the place to be. And since I’m in close proximity to all SEA countries that makes the scene a lot better, and I don’t need to fly all the way to Europe for like Glory. So I got ONE FC, K-1 and it’s various incarnations, Kunlun Fight, Glory of Hero’s, Max Muay Thai, and Thai stadiums close. This is purely hypothetical though I’m absolute garbage and would never get signed to any of these companies, although...I did hear MVP needs a new match up.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DC_5842.10.jpg

What are you talking about? Cosmo used to fight at LW. He is barely bigger than Sage, let alone "three times bigger" lol

The outcome of that fight had very little to do with size. Sage got destroyed because Cosmo is in a whole other league as a striker and he just isn't that good in the first place.

There will be certain preferences but which one seems more fighter friendly?
One seems to lack some transparency but Bellator is a lesser ufc

I’ve been to a one fc event in the Philippines (when Eduard Folayang fought Ev Ting) and had a great time and I wonder how many fighters feel that same rush the fans do when there’s a great event
Whoever pays the most and it also depends on where you're based. One Championship only has events in South East Asia. Bellator has events in the U.S and Europe. If you have been fighting mostly in America and you go to One the west will forget about you quickly. In Bellator you're going to get a lot less recognition than you would in the UFC regardless of how good you are. Best case scenario is you make a name for yourself in the UFC and leave before you're out of your prime and get a big contract from another promotion.

Back