Would Nate Diaz beat Eddie Alvarez?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think Eddie's win over RDA was like Bisping over Rockhold... lucky as fuck...

Compare this.
Eddie loses to cowboy, split decisions of Pettis and Melendez...
Bisping had 3 close decisions to Thales, Dolloway, and Silva...

I think both "champs" would lose to over half the top 10 in their weight classes more times than not..

Nate via TKO round 2

Yes.

Nate is top 5, not top 10 like haters says he is.

i think nate could be a tough matchup for eddie.

Eddie doesn't have great takedowns and ability to control dudes on the ground and he kinda gets sucked into brawls (bad idea against nate).

If he used his leglkicks and tried to hold him against the fence i think he could squeak out a win, i could also see nate bruatalizing him late like cerrone did

Would be a terrible matchup for Eddie. Nate is so lanky and long he would use his reach to keep Alvarez back

I think both "champs" would lose to over half the top 10 in their weight classes more times than not..
Eddie isn't a champ anymore, parenthesis or no parenthesis.

Nate would beat him, he struggled with Conor's reach and I'm pretty sure Nate has even more reach than Conor. It was lucky to a) fight RDA and b) beat him. RDA looked in complete control till Eddie landed that big shot.

I see Eddie 'sticking to the game plan' like RDA; kicking, moving, not getting into a brawl, pushing him against the fence and spamming TD's. The blue print has always been there to beat a Diaz, if you can control your ego and not bang it out after they mock you.

I also don't think the RDA win was a fluke as RDA isn't the same fighter anymore with USADA and is back to being a .500 journeyman. Look at what no camp Lando did to Tony and what RDA did. USADA screwed everything up, made certain guys seem better than they were and screwed up peoples sense of relativity.

I'd take Alvarez.

I love how Eddie is some can now.

To be perfectly fair though, Eddie hasn't looked too good in the UFC except of course the fight against RDA, and IIRC he was in some trouble early in that fight. Eddie might have been the easiest fight for Conor since Siver IMO.

Eddie could control Nate Diaz which is what Nate hates. Eddie has gone from the lineal LW champion of the world to a can as fast as Conor KOd him. it's ridiculous. He is one of the most decorated LWs in history. Way more decorated than Nate.

Eddie would win. He has good sub defense and a good enough wrestling game to decision him. Both Diaz bros achilles heels are people who can take them down easily.

Easy win for Alvarez. Much more stamina than connie. Better wrestling and better chin. plus Nate is easier to hit.

Hard to say. I would love to see this fight. If pressured I'd have to lean towards Diaz in this one. Yeah Alvarez smashed RDA, but he hasn't looked spectacular in any of his fights since coming to the UFC besides that one. I say Nate boxes him up but as usual, low kicks from Alvarez could change all of that.

could go either way. either nate peppers him all night standing and eventually gets the TKO or eddie takes nate down ad nauseum and wins a boring decision.

either one is very possible - would depend on how easily eddie got TDs. the conor fight was so strange to me - his TD attempts were so half-assed, his wrestling is way better than that.

I'm beginning to think Eddie's win over RDA was like Bisping over Rockhold... lucky as fuck...

Compare this.
Eddie loses to cowboy, split decisions of Pettis and Melendez...
Bisping had 3 close decisions to Thales, Dolloway, and Silva...

If he stood with nate, he'd lose..if he constantly went for the takedown, like against pettis, he could pull off a split decison win...but i'm thinking nate by stoppage.

Yeah, Nate has better boxing and Eddie's wrestling isn't the type Nate has a weakness for, Nate has a weakness for heavy top pressure wrestlers with good sub defense whereas Eddie just sort of holds guys against the cage, he also has a dodgy chin and not great sub defense.

He has good leg kicks but I don't think he's disciplined enough to stick to a leg kick heavy game plan for a full fight.

Back