Would MW be different if they stopped Anderson vs Bisping after the knee?

If I told you years ago that Bisping might be the one to fuck up a GSP/Andy superfight people would've thought I was fucking crazy haha

looking back--silva vs diaz was andersons proper retirement fight--but anderson beating nick diaz and also bisping were his last two great moments

GSPs retirement story would still be semi believable.

Coming back hurt his legacy more than help imo.

Before he could sell the idea that he just lost passion for the sport. Coming back vs bisping cofirmed to me that he ran away because he knew his time was coming and he was afraid to hurt his record.

Beating bisping proved absolutely nothing especially considering middleweight was still a shitshow with an interim champion there.

It was just a nice pay day for both guys. Almost as bad as cain pretending to be back to milk out one last paycheck vs ngannou.. but at least gsp was able to win (albeit very close).

We would've seen Yoel get the title before he had to fight Whittaker.
Maybe Yoel vs Jacare would've been a title fight.
GSP wouldn’t have come out of retirement to fight for the MW title against anyone other than 39 year old one eyed Ping.
This is often parroted as fact.
Despite the info GSP was interested in a comeback earlier than that.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...mpion-dana-decided-on-gsp-vs-bisping.4118443/
GSP's decision to return was made before Bisping was even champion.
He went on Ariel's show and on UFC Tonight, asking Dana for a chance, and listed 3 opponents - Woodley who was champion, Nate Diaz, or Demian Maia.
I think this was around August or September 2016. There were rumors that GSP was trying to reach a deal with the UFC to fight on UFC 206 in Canada.

Last edited:
It was a lucky sucker shot anyway, Bisping was looking for his mouthpiece. I'd bet if it was the other way around Bisping would have shown some sportsmanship and let Silva get his mouthpiece back.

just imagine if anderson never got his has beat down by weidman 2 times guise.

just imagine!!!

Anderson might have been the one to fight Rockhold on short notice, and who knows, maybe he knocks him out. Luke is cocky with poor defense and Anderson was still accurate and very game at that point.

they couldn't have stopped it

the knee landed on the horn if he had followed up with punches they would have been illegal
I don't know why people keep saying he should have followed up when that would have gotten him a NC at best.

I don’t understand why people think it should have been stopped. He was out cold, he got his minute like everyone does, recovered and continued to win the fight. Can’t believe how butthurt people still are about this

Ignoring the unarguable fact that the fight shouldn't have been stopped there:

They probably would have substituted Silva in, who probably would have lost. Hendo wouldn't have gotten the bullshit champ fight. Instead, Romero would have come back from suspension by like, July. Moose still goes on a murderous rampage and gets ignored for a title fight. Yoel knocks out Rockhold, then loses to Whittaker, who drops it to Israel. Full circle

I don’t understand why people think it should have been stopped. He was out cold, he got his minute like everyone does, recovered and continued to win the fight. Can’t believe how butthurt people still are about this
Was never even out. Like everyone said before, the bell rang right after the knee, even before Bisping's ass hit the canvas. Then Mike was (quite stupidly) arguing with Herb and pointing out his mouthpiece before Herb even got to him.

GSPs retirement story would still be semi believable.

Coming back hurt his legacy more than help imo.

Before he could sell the idea that he just lost passion for the sport. Coming back vs bisping cofirmed to me that he ran away because he knew his time was coming and he was afraid to hurt his record.

Beating bisping proved absolutely nothing especially considering middleweight was still a shitshow with an interim champion there.

It was just a nice pay day for both guys. Almost as bad as cain pretending to be back to milk out one last paycheck vs ngannou.. but at least gsp was able to win (albeit very close).
Bisping was the favorite going in to the GSP fight. People thought GSP was going to lose.

just imagine if anderson never got his has beat down by weidman 2 times guise.

just imagine!!!
But buds you're not understanding the implications! If things were totally different, they would be totally different!

<TheWire1>

But buds you're not understanding the implications! If things were totally different, they would be totally different!

<TheWire1>
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

so wait. you are telling me, if something didnt happen then something else could have!?

what is this sorcery?!!?

Hey guys, I just whipped this together so hopefully it can stop the narrative.

u8Vb01S.gif

Please re-live the moment and, if need be, realize you're wrong.

Back