Would Mousasi Get Beat By Bader/Davis

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am a fan of Mousasi and think he would Shogun, but he does not have the wrestling or strenth to deal with big strong wrestlers eg King Mo. Someone please tell me how he would beat Bader or Davis? He would be on his back for the full fight and Mousasi isnt exactly a cardio machone either.

I think he'd lose due to lack of TDD IMO, but I'd pull for him anyway.

I hope he loses and then goes back to MW where he belongs..I see him fitting in at MW much better not just because of size but stylistically.

Davis: YES
Bader: Not so sure.. But ill probably still go with yes

He would most likely beat Bader and lose to Davis.

If i had to put money on it:
Davis- yes
Bader - no
Although both could go either way

He'd probably lose to both of them, but I'd definitely give him a better chance against Bader.

I think he would have a better chance vs Bader than vs Davis.

Davis is a better wrestler than Bader, faster, with better subs and top control. Also, Bader seems to think his standup is good, while it is not really good. Unless he shoots very fast to clinch/take Gegard down, he would get tooled by Gegard, and you KNOW Davis would take Gegard down mighty fast, and Gegard doesnt have the wrestling to stop Davis' TD's. And I dont think that he could sub Davis from his back, while he COULD threaten Bader on the ground.

a matchup vs Bader would be perfect for a first UFC fight, I mean a Bader that comes to fight with a GAMEPLAN, to see where he stands inthe UFC.

They would try their best to LnP Mousasi because they know they would get tore up on the feet. Shit, Mousasi would do more damage of his back then either of them from the top.

I still think Diet Nog beat both of them.....

I think he would have a better chance vs Bader than vs Davis.

Davis is a better wrestler than Bader, faster, with better subs and top control. Also, Bader seems to think his standup is good, while it is not really good. Unless he shoots very fast to clinch/take Gegard down, he would get tooled by Gegard, and you KNOW Davis would take Gegard down mighty fast, and Gegard doesnt have the wrestling to stop Davis' TD's. And I dont think that he could sub Davis from his back, while he COULD threaten Bader on the ground.

a matchup vs Bader would be perfect for a first UFC fight, I mean a Bader that comes to fight with a GAMEPLAN, to see where he stands inthe UFC.

I think Davis is one of the worst matchups in the division for him. Other wrestlers might test the waters standing or try and mix it up, but I think Davis would recognize that he had very little chance on the feet and would run an almost entirely wrestling based game right from the start.

I think even though Evans (for example) is better at mma and arguably a better mma wrester than Davis, the way Rashad would approach the fight would allow Mousasi more of a chance of victory.

Similar dynamic to Pettis vs Guida / Bendo. When Bendo tried to run his all-around mma game vs Pettis, he got beat. Guida, a generally inferior fighter, just stuck to the one area where he had an advantage and won.

I do like Bader as a choice for Gegard. I'd like to see him tested by a decent wrestler.

I think hed beat Bader and lose to Davis

I don't think Davis could submit Mousasi and Mousasi's standup is too crisp for Bader. I think he'd win both those fights.

Bader? You mean the guy who lunging into Machida with a fist cocked behind and promtly get KTFO afterward? Yes.
As for Davis, it is a toss up.

Maybe.
I'd love to see those fights though

I think his odds against even Bader are 50/50. His defense againts doubles is really crap for a significant fighter.

Back