Would Mousasi beat Maia?

I don't think it would be a beating but Gegard would win. People underrate Maia's striking, he almost beat the chris in standup. Hurt munoz and dropped his last opponent

To be fair the chris came in on 12 days notice as far as I know

Absolute mismatch, Maia wouldn't stand a chance.

Maia has looked like a bag of greased fuck lately. I wouldn't put him over many people at all these days.

Maia would get finished. Mousasi has a slick ground game and can definitely find his way back to his feet. Moose by KO.

Gegard would win, but wouldn't finish him in my eyes. Maia has traded punches with Weidman, Anderson (lol) and K1 Shields! Gegard has the obvious advantage in striking but if it went to the ground Maia is only second to Jacare in MMA.

Yeah, Mousasi beats him. It's not a particularly hard fight for him.

Nate Marquadt KO'd Maia.

Mousasi would beat him easily

I agree GM would wreck Maia but that Marquardt fight was kinda a fluke IMO that was when Maia thought he was the next Joe Frazier and Nate had to give him a friendly reminder that he should stick to grappling

What makes you think that Maia is "better" than Mark Munoz? He did lose to the guy, did he not?

Sure, he dropped to welterweight and picked up a couple of good wins. Who did he beat at middleweight that Mark Munoz couldn't have beaten? Sonnen? I guess. I think Sonnen beats Maia the majority of the time, though.

I meant Melvin Manhoef.

Back