Would Mousasi beat Maia?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
By a lot or a little? Would it even be close?

I know this is slightly irrelevant since maia dropped to 170, but just a hypothetical question about two guys that have amazing bjj that have been in the same weight class.

It would not even be close

Maia wouldn't be able to get it to the ground and Moose would mangle him standing

Mousasi wrecks Maia at 185lbs.

Yeah he probably does. Maia has a chance against any man ayt any weight, kind of like Manhoef, but different.. Maia is of course better than MM, but he doesn't match up well with GM.

Maia hung in there with Anderson and Weidman, I'd guess he could avoid being finished by Mousasi. Gegard UD

It would not even be close

Maia wouldn't be able to get it to the ground and Moose would mangle him standing

I don't think it would be a beating but Gegard would win. People underrate Maia's striking, he almost beat the chris in standup. Hurt munoz and dropped his last opponent

Oh he'll get a break now don't worry...

Fight Nite II Bulgaria Card:
Maldonado vs Betran II
Moose vs Latifi II

I don't think it would be a beating but Gegard would win. People underrate Maia's striking, he almost beat the chris in standup. Hurt munoz and dropped his last opponent

I lol'd at his post fight interview when he said that was actually the first time he had knocked anyone down. The translator didn't pick up on that for some reason.

Moose would win. Why do you want to see a WW fight a MW? I would prefer to see Moose fight the Alligator again.

Maia gets jabbed in the face for 3 rounds

it would just be a repeat of Anderson vs Maia but minus the horse playing

Yeah he probably does. Maia has a chance against any man ayt any weight, kind of like Manhoef, but different.. Maia is of course better than MM, but he doesn't match up well with GM.

What makes you think that Maia is "better" than Mark Munoz? He did lose to the guy, did he not?

Sure, he dropped to welterweight and picked up a couple of good wins. Who did he beat at middleweight that Mark Munoz couldn't have beaten? Sonnen? I guess. I think Sonnen beats Maia the majority of the time, though.

I'm starting to believe its not Maia's striking that is bad, its his cardio. All his defense goes out the window the moment he gasses which makes his striking look MUCH worst.

Back