Would mma look very different if there were no gloves?

Dr Guildo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seeing little from bare knuckle and it looks quite different without gloves.

Does the glove make a lot of difference? Would guys with good punching ability be a lot more dangerous?
Would the chance of breaking hands be a bigger factor making people have to change some technique?

How much difference does mma gloves actually make contra if there were no gloves?

Would we seen different champions? More strikers?

Gloves are weapons for strikes, not the other way around, grapplers will destroy strikers just as broken hands will destroy events left and right... bare knuckle boxing looks diferent from mma mainly because there’s less surface to cover up, just like mma striking looks different from kick boxing. Also, you can’t jab for too long before hurting your hand, not to mention there’s no kicks or tds, so it’s basically a brawl

MMA gloves are tiny, the striking wouldn’t look any different we would just see fighters out with broken hands.

Bare knuckle boxing striking just looks different because of the rule set allowing dirty boxing and no kicks fights are fought at a closer range.

There would be more blood, fights stopped on cuts more and broken hands, it wouldn’t be good

BY be way, we already had many years of mma with. No gloves...it’s a matter of looking for old fights

Bare Knuckle fighting is not a new idea. Although in the beginning, UFC were also organizing the same thing. But in my opinion its not a good thing. At the end the guy who fought has been damaged just to give viewers a good show. At the end what will I do ? I will like share and comment that's it. But on the other hand the fighter is straight going to hospital and taking a long break. Plus in my opinion Bare Knuckle fighter will not go too long as that of normal fighters.

Seeing little from bare knuckle and it looks quite different without gloves.

Does the glove make a lot of difference? Would guys with good punching ability be a lot more dangerous?
Would the chance of breaking hands be a bigger factor making people have to change some technique?

How much difference does mma gloves actually make contra if there were no gloves?

Would we seen different champions? More strikers?

Just watch SEG era UFC gloves weren't mandatory.

Gloves make the sport.

Completely different fight with and without gloves.

Bare Knuckle fighting is not a new idea. Although in the beginning, UFC were also organizing the same thing. But in my opinion its not a good thing. At the end the guy who fought has been damaged just to give viewers a good show. At the end what will I do ? I will like share and comment that's it. But on the other hand the fighter is straight going to hospital and taking a long break. Plus in my opinion Bare Knuckle fighter will not go too long as that of normal fighters.

Unless they break a hand the layoff time us the same as a standard mma fight.

Fights look bloody and guys get swollen up but cuts and swelling are easily fixed and again no damage any worse then an mma fight.

less striking, that's for sure. Less one punch clean knockouts.

Just watch SEG era UFC gloves weren't mandatory.

Gloves make the sport.

Completely different fight with and without gloves.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure both Rosier (RIP) and Gordeau broke their hands in UFC 1.

Palm strikes and Hammerfist strikes are pretty safe for your hand
Also, you can condition your hands, so they last longer in a fight

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure both Rosier (RIP) and Gordeau broke their hands in UFC 1.

There are alot of hand breaks in mma as well there really hasn't been a high rate of hand injurys in BKFC.

UFC doesnt even have the best ,safest glove design bellator does lol.

Out of all their cards there has only been 2-3 hand injurys it's not a big factor at all.

Back