Would McGregor beat Floyd in a K-1 fight?

Yangpetrus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
We all know Conor would get shit on in a boxing match, and that the same applies to Mayweather in an MMA fight.
But how do you think would win in a kickboxing match?

IMO Floyd gets destroyed.

I'd put my money on the guy who we've actually seen throw a somewhat decent leg kick.

Conor wins.

Hypothetical fights like this intrigue me the most I really wish something like this would happen

Conor wins any fight in which they are not restricted to only hitting each other with their pillow covered fists.

leg kicks all night long.

Conor wins it, kicks change the game too much. Floyd's trained for boxing rules almost 40 years and I doubt he'd be able to adapt and change so much this late in life.

Floyd doesn't kick.

I don't see how this is so confusing.

Conor wins it, kicks change the game too much. Floyd's trained for boxing rules almost 40 years and I doubt he'd be able to adapt and change so much this late in life.

it's not even he rules, it's that he is almost 40 and isnt conditioned to absorb leg kicks. that shit fucking hurts

Nah, I think Floyd counters his kicks with lightning punches down the middle for the KO.

It would be a glorious day to see Conor get a win over Floyd though.

I think Conor would pick him apart in any form of fighting except boxing. Mayweather would have no idea how to deal with the clinch, elbows, knees, kicks...etc He would get humiliated just as Conor would in a boxing match.....

Floyd wins every second of a traditional boxing match against McGregor.

Under any other rule set conor absolutely mauls him. adding any other strikes in the mix changes things drastically.

Floyds entire style and defense is based explicitly on standard boxing rules.

No, plenty of fighters have won k1 fights with just their hands.

Conor loses a boxing match.

Conor beats him in any other form of martial arts or combat sports.

maxresdefault.jpg

That lead leg is a sitting duck, Conor wouldn't even have to get into punching range.

Nah, I think Floyd counters his kicks with lightning punches down the middle for the KO.

It would be a glorious day to see Conor get a win over Floyd though.
It's hard to counter kicks with punches especially at the distance at which mcgregor can throw kicks

It's hard to counter kicks with punches especially at the distance at which mcgregor can throw kicks
Conor isn't that great at leg kicks, the best we saw was a camp dedicated to them. If he trys any other kicks Floyd would probably just side step and tag him. I think people assume Conor is as fast as Floyd but hes not and timing is also on Floyds side, not sure about power though.

Back