Would Machida 2.0 fare better against Jones?

nope, too small and not enough reach. while jones is talking about HW, machida already fighting at a division 20 lbs under.

the only person that could match JBJ's reach and speed is gus

actually hes talking mw right now, but

:p

Machida left LHW because of Jones followed by several other losses at LHW

actually hes talking mw right now, but

:p

i dont think JBJ is being realistic. he said if he tries "really hard".....

i think he's just trying to cover his tracks about his HW comments lol...in a few years he might try it, aka when Cain retires or is long past his prime

Machida's a great fighter, but he simply can't handle Jones over five rounds. He'll do well in the fight until Jones catches him with something - a punch, an elbow, a takedown, a submission, etc. - and that will be the end of it.

definityely would have a better chance

I don't think 205 makes sense for him rn.

To fare better he'd have to land more than 8 strikes and actually see the end of the second round.

That could happen, sure. I see him being stopped by elbows on the ground in a rematch though.

Lyoto is just too small, he has the skill to give Jon a tough fight but the size difference is huge.

I would love to see a rematch if they fought at MW and Jones actually tried to cut down to MW. Seeing how well Jones can fight Machida at MW after draining himself trying to get down could be quite interesting.

This is the only way. At LHW Machida gets beaten by Jones again.

The Machida era is in another dimension.

The Machida nonsense has to stop. I almost would love to see it just so I could see Machida get destroyed again and his fans could crawl back into a hole.

Machida is the most over hyped fighter ever. He only looks great against slow wrestlers who have zero striking defense that plod around.

After Machida got KO'd by Shogun, he has always ran in fights if someone has dangerous striking. He'll never be a champion again.

Machida isn't a match for the ever improving Jones

Machida is wayyyyy cooler than him tho. He's freaken Ryu from Street Fighter

No. Machida "2.0", who is a middleweight and training under Rafael Cordeiro has the perceived advantage of being more willing to lead the action and open up more. The thing is, while this has generally favored him quite a bit in his recent fights(even against Weidman), against Jones he has a much better chance hanging back and counterstriking. He'll never win a decision, but at least he has a chance to find that one killshot which he wouldn't otherwise because of the enormous reach advantage of Jones.

Machida is great, he would give ANYONE at any weight some trouble win or lose he is not an easy fight for anyone. Easily the most dangerous guy to fight for any other fighter in the world.

He just threw DC around the cage, he would throw machida clear out of the stadium.

Fare better? Possibly. He got destroyed in the first fight so I don't see that as a real stretch.

We couldn't win though. He doesnt have the power to KO Jones and his grappling is much much worse.

No it would not matter. I would have no interest in that rematch..... Unless it was at middle weight.

Back