Would Khabib have gotten very famous if he didn't fight Conor?

He's fought at 170 before and while it might not have been against named opponents they were indeed natural WW's. Him not moving up will not affect his legacy whatsoever. The sooner you accept that the better off you'll be. Maybe.
Anderson, Cejudo, Jones, GSP & now Adesanya all moved up. Even DC & Fedor fought guys way bigger than them. Khabib doesn’t make that list. Such a shame because I think Khabib could do good at 170 if he’s willing to accept the fact he’ll give up a tab bit of his grappling advantage.

It's amazing to me that Conor fans are still here after the number Khabib did on him in all aspects of life.

True fans.

Imagine being so desperate to find a W
“But but he made him famous” fuckin sad

People don't remember that Khabib already had 3-4mil insta followers before the McGregor bout.
Cowboy Cerrone, already a popular fighter by his own right, after fighting McGregor, currently stands at 2,2mil followers. Dustin, after beating Conor, is now at 2.7mil followers.

Today: Conor 39m (was about 27-29m when fought Khabib)
Khabib: 27m (was 3-4m when fought Conor)
Nate Diaz: 4.6m followers
random number for comparison: Zubaira Tukhugov - 3.2m instagram followers, still more than Dustin or Cerrone

I think it's simply inevitable that Khabib would have gotten to super stardom, simply because of being muslim and russian sports frontrunner. Will be likely doing numbers like Salah in future.
Habib had 10 mill instagram followers before ufc 229

Anderson, Cejudo, Jones, GSP & now Adesanya all moved up. Even DC & Fedor fought guys way bigger than them. Khabib doesn’t make that list. Such a shame because I think Khabib could do good at 170 if he’s willing to accept the fact he’ll give up a tab bit of his grappling advantage.
I like this criteria you have where you think fighters have to move up in weight to be a GOAT candidate lol. Also, Conor never fought natural WW's whereas Khabib has.

raw

tenor.gif

Back