Would Khabib have gotten very famous if he didn't fight Conor?

You should look at his social media footprint prior to the Conor fight, he was gaining followers at an exponential rate even before the Conor fight, but Conor only accelerated that growth, but it’s simply a myth that Conor was the one that put him on the map. Khabib was well on his way to stardom.
Khabib fans are really loud in Khabib-Max press conference UFC 223.

Complete domination fighting style, like Khamzat who dominates in all his fights, 9 pro fights, 1 amateur fight, all dominations, 10 fights, 10 finishes, I think really catches fandom eyes.

But actually I do not think their rivalry was such that it would have made a fight between them inevitable, were it not for Khabib and his gang waylaying Artem, which really sounds like Khabib going along with one of Ali's ideas to get a fight with Conor.
So this is all lies in Artem. Should has Artem never insulted Khabib, Khabib will never confronted him for being rude to another Russian.

Hypothetically I think Conor will absolutely avoid any matchup with Khabib, too risky to be honest. Conor rather has his Nate Diaz, Cowboy, Diego Sanchez and Featherweight moments.

Artem insulted Khabib -> Khabib confronted Artem -> Conor came to the rescue tried to defend Artem's honor -> Khabib probably stole Conor's shines and making it his own.

And Khabib outside of Conor rivalry has a very likable persona, not Amanda Ribas-like but he has his charm, opposed to Conor's confident aura when he has his golden moments.

First I'm not sure he didn't gain any fame. Second Conor had already been defeated in MMA and hasn't fought in a year at that point.
But khabib’s fight Conor had already been defeated in mma, by Nate Diaz of all people and hadn’t fought mma in 2 years at that point too

Khabib fans are really loud in Khabib-Max press conference UFC 223.

Complete domination fighting style, like Khamzat who dominates in all his fights, 9 pro fights, 1 amateur fight, all dominations, 10 fights, 10 finishes, I think really catches fandom eyes.

So this is all lies in Artem. Should has Artem never insulted Khabib, Khabib will never confronted him for being rude to another Russian.

Hypothetically I think Conor will absolutely avoid any matchup with Khabib, too risky to be honest. Conor rather has his Nate Diaz, Cowboy, Diego Sanchez and Featherweight moments.

Artem insulted Khabib -> Khabib confronted Artem -> Conor came to the rescue tried to defend Artem's honor -> Khabib probably stole Conor's shines and making it his own.

And Khabib outside of Conor rivalry has a very likable persona, not Amanda Ribas-like but he has his charm, opposed to Conor's confident aura when he has his golden moments.

I'm not sure most people would consider Artem as the one who started it. What Artem said in the interview was very mild, it was also true and he was was just speaking up for Conor.

I don't think anyone would think Khabib would have responded like that unless he was following one of Ali's ploys to get a fight with Conor. Don't you think the guy who acts more disproportionately and with a hidden agenda is the one who is more responsible for setting off the chain of events?

Basically the title, does Khabib actually have Conor to thank for his fame, which he is now using to the benefit of combat athletes in Dagestan?

Remember there was no reason for Conor to come back after the Mayweather fight as he was financially set.
no he should thank no one, man worked hard and eaned everything he got himself, with his power. Conor was just a clown in his road.

But khabib’s fight Conor had already been defeated in mma, by Nate Diaz of all people and hadn’t fought mma in 2 years at that point too

This is an argument clearly in bad faith, because Conor getting that one back on Nate made him more famous than ever, and then his fight with Mayweather multiplied that fame many times.

no he should thank no one, man worked hard and eaned everything he got himself, with his power. Conor was just a clown in his road.

And yet he was willing to resort to violence and one of Ali's ploys go get a fight with Conor which means he must have wanted something there...

I'm not sure most people would consider Artem as the one who started it. What Artem said in the interview was very mild, it was also true and he was was just speaking up for Conor.

I don't think anyone would think Khabib would have responded like that unless he was following one of Ali's ploys to get a fight with Conor. Don't you think the guy who acts more disproportionately and with a hidden agenda is the one who is more responsible for setting off the chain of events?
The Dagestanis takes their honor and pride very seriously. Seriously if let say Colby ran off his mouth saying bad things about Khabib, the Russians will probably looking after for him.

I think Khabib took Artem that seriously.

To me Ali is Ali, he has a little 'Ariel Helwani' in him, and also the fact that - any manager would be dumb to turn down the fight against Conor.

In the end I think this is just Russian doing Russian-Dagestani thing. Ali just happened to catch a golden fish in the right moment.

Fighters like Khabib, Khamzat and Zabit Magomedsharipov will always shine regardless (especially if they keep on winning). I think Khabib will always ended up to be Russian biggest star/celebrity anyway. He's that big among most Russian speaking countries (approx 400 millions population who are enthusiastic about wrestling and sambo: Russia, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyrzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) even before Conor.

Basically the title, does Khabib actually have Conor to thank for his fame, which he is now using to the benefit of combat athletes in Dagestan?

Remember there was no reason for Conor to come back after the Mayweather fight as he was financially set.
He wouldn't have exploded like that, but I think he'd had some success globally. The conor fight helped no doubt, brought him to super star status, but I think if the ufc wanted to push him in arab countries, he'd be popular, not as popular but popular

Imagine if Conor retired before the Khabib fight and left with half of sherdog and 90% of normies saying Khabib would get smoked by Conor in the first.

Reactions: TR1
The Dagestanis takes their honor and pride very seriously. Seriously if let say Colby ran off his mouth saying bad things about Khabib, the Russians will probably looking after for him.

I think Khabib took Artem that seriously.

To me Ali is Ali, he has a little 'Ariel Helwani' in him, and also the fact that - any manager would be dumb to turn down the fight against Conor.

In the end I think this is just Russian doing Russian-Dagestani thing. Ali just happened to catch a golden fish in the right moment.

Fighters like Khabib, Khamzat and Zabit Magomedsharipov will always shine regardless (especially if they keep on winning). I think Khabib will always ended up to be Russian biggest star/celebrity anyway. He's that big among most Russian speaking countries (approx 400 millions population who are enthusiastic about wrestling and sambo: Russia, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyrzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) even before Conor.

Wow, if you're saying that a person or group or even whole country's natural response to hearing something they don't like is to go after the individual in a large group and put hands on the individual, I don't think that really does any credit to whichever person or group you're attributing that to. Plenty of people have trash talked Khamzat, I hope he doesn't go after each and everyone with a large group.

Furthermore, another thing that made me think it was a purposeful ploy rather than "just what they do" is that they made sure to film it.

Imagine if Conor retired before the Khabib fight and left with half of sherdog and 90% of normies saying Khabib would get smoked by Conor in the first.

It is an interesting hypothetical, one intriguing consequence of which being that Khabib might still be fighting today well past his 29th.

Conor is a guy who actually has wins at 170. Not scared to test himself in higher divisions. A guy that has fought in 3 separate weight classes. The Conor win definitely put Khabib on the map. Khabib might very well be the GOAT but we’ll never know because he lacks the drive to test himself against bigger opponents like a true martial artist.

Connor and his father's death made him a superstar that everyone sympathizes with.

but his aggressive Muslim behavior in the media made people vomit + he considers himself the P4P Goat which is also false because many fighters inactive and active are far above him. That also made many people not fans anymore.

No. He would not be as famous.

lol @ Sherdoggers refusing/struggling to swallow this fact.

Wow, if you're saying that a person or group or even whole country's natural response to hearing something they don't like is to go after the individual in a large group and put hands on the individual, I don't think that really does any credit to whichever person or group you're attributing that to. Plenty of people have trash talked Khamzat, I hope he doesn't go after each and everyone with a large group.

Furthermore, another thing that made me think it was a purposeful ploy rather than "just what they do" is that they made sure to film it.

Connor and his father's death made him a superstar that everyone sympathizes with.

but his aggressive Muslim behavior in the media made people vomit + he considers himself the P4P Goat which is also false because many fighters inactive and active are far above him. That also made many people not fans anymore.
In my honest opinion, Westerners are by default ignorant to people that still have this Honor culture, respect to the elder and their tradition.

(This clip posted prior to Conor fight has 12 millions views).

You know that all dagestanis in AKA gym respects Javier Mendez so much that they are willing to do anything to cater him. You can ask the man himself.

Contrary to Conor who legit punched an old man, throwing a dolly onto a bus window, Jones hit and drive a pregnant woman, Khabib basically just confronting Artem face to face.

Here is my another question: Why did Amanda Nunes does not has the superstardom that Ronda once had. Why does Nunes unable to steal Ronda's shines?

Khabib was undercard of UFC 205 and after calling out Mcgregor was booked to be main event of 209. It was stupid but he wasnt that famous before that.

The conor fight put him on the map in particular in the Muslim world gaining a vast amount of casual fans. The build up and the fight elevated it with the media narrative of Conor to insulting Khabib and allegedly his religion.

Conor is a guy who actually has wins at 170. Not scared to test himself in higher divisions. A guy that has fought in 3 separate weight classes. The Conor win definitely put Khabib on the map. Khabib might very well be the GOAT but we’ll never know because he lacks the drive to test himself against bigger opponents like a true martial artist.

What wins at 170 does Conor have?

You mean LW contests where he decided he was too lazy to cut weight?

Khabib has had fights at 170 as well.

Amazing how many casuals parrot the 3 weight class nonsense to this day.

Back