Would heavy weights be at a serious disadvantage against smaller opponents?

Unicorn Princes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a traditional war where melee weapons were involved?

Like I can't see some big slow guy like JDS being able to out sword fight Jose Aldo, I feel like Jose could move in and out and stab him like 5-6 times before JDS could even pull off a swing?

IDK, just something to think about because I always hear Joe Rogan say 500 years ago "such and such big guy" would have been the baddest dude on the battlefield and i kind of disagree, i think being big would make you really slow, and that you would be exhausted fast, and just a bigger target

i actually feel like a smaller faster guy would have excelled at ancient warfare?

"you need a license to drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish. but they'll let any screaming white belt make a thread."

White belt threads are even more retarded than usual tonight.

GIF-amazing-beard-jesus-omfg-OMG-shocked-wow-GIF.gif

I heard some 6'5 Jamaican guy was the slowest man on the planet Hussein Bolo or something like that sucks being big dumb and slow

Yes. The quicker the opponent and the smaller a blade the harder time a hw would have defending. Also if you are a bigger guy you are a bigger target. If JDS gad a sword he'd be lucky to last a few seconds against Aldo with a dagger. Machida with iron fist would probably cause damage too (if spiked). To have a chance a hw would need to use a range weapon like a spear and a net.

You think I'm just gonna stand there and let you stab me Jon?

T-1000 is to Arnold as Unicorn Princes is to 99Silva.

This is how legends are born.

In a traditional war where melee weapons were involved?

Like I can't see some big slow guy like JDS being able to out sword fight Jose Aldo, I feel like Jose could move in and out and stab him like 5-6 times before JDS could even pull off a swing?

IDK, just something to think about because I always hear Joe Rogan say 500 years ago "such and such big guy" would have been the baddest dude on the battlefield and i kind of disagree, i think being big would make you really slow, and that you would be exhausted fast, and just a bigger target

i actually feel like a smaller faster guy would have excelled at ancient warfare?

Achilles-Flying-Attack-73730.gif

Must be sad even 2,000 years ago the little guy could't get any respect

"Many Roman gladiators were a little on the husky side. Fighters trained their bodies to the limit, but their carbohydrate-rich diet of barley porridge often saw them pack on fat around their midsection. This extra flab had a practical purpose, since it helped absorb superficial wounds and protected the gladiator’s vital organs from injury." - History.com

2 wastelanded 99silva threads in 2 minutes. goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Roman legions had height requirements. Manlets weren't allowed.

Ask Oberlyn Martell

profound.... stupidity. it took a shit load of strength to wield most melee weapons especially when armour was worn. and reach is also a massive factor when swords are involved, this is why a sword beats a dagger. might is right.

Back