Would GSP have returned to 170 if Maia beat Woodley?

Physicality and knowing how to use his physicality to stuff takedowns is HUGE. Ridiculous TDD stats and technique. On the feet I feel like Tyron could play a similar game like how he did to Wonderboy. Basically set up traps while not expending himself, making for a boring fight. I just feel that over the course of 5 rounds Woodley would capitalize, without a whole lot of significant offense either way otherwise.

I don't think you understand how striking matchups work. Wonderboy is probably a better overall striker than GSP, but he doesn't have a jab which severely limits him against a fighter with Woodley's skill set. The jab is Woodley's kryptonite as was demonstrated by Rory Mac, and guess who still has the best jab in MMA? Yeah. The best jab in the game vs. a fighter who falls apart when pressured with the jab. Also, cardio and pushing the pace. GSP always sets a fairly high pace in his fights, Woodley doesn't handle that well at all.

I don't think you understand how striking matchups work. Wonderboy is probably a better overall striker than GSP, but he doesn't have a jab which severely limits him against a fighter with Woodley's skill set. The jab is Woodley's kryptonite as was demonstrated by Rory Mac, and guess who still has the best jab in MMA? Yeah. The best jab in the game vs. a fighter who falls apart when pressured with the jab. Also, cardio and pushing the pace. GSP always sets a fairly high pace in his fights, Woodley doesn't handle that well at all.

Don't act like you arent speculating just as much as I am. GSP got touched up by Shields anything could happen

Don't act like you arent speculating just as much as I am. GSP got touched up by Shields anything could happen

And Woodley got out-wrestled by Shields and lost, what's your point?

i think people need to realise and accept that gsp came back to pick fights hes interested in and isnt some full-time fighter thats gonna fight any top 5, top 3 ranked guy. like gsp is not going to 155 to fight tony ferguson, as awesome as that fight may be. khabib, conor and maybe nate are prob the only fights he would entertain. he even turned down anderson.

i have no issues with this. he left in 2013 on top of the game and never lost after serra in 2007. defended 9x and was the most dominant champ. people acting like he needs to fight woodley or romero or something to prove his legacy are jackasses

i agree 100%, the funny thing is the fighters calling out gsp are the one's that are only looking for a big pay day, and also for the most part have come nowhere close to achieving what gsp did in the division. As another poster wrote I don't think anyone currently in the ww division including woodley would give a prime gsp any type of problems.

Woodley is about as good as Kos, they both have about the same level of wrestling and both have ko power...woodley may be slightly better in some area's but for the most part the fight gsp had with kos would basically be what would happen to woodley. Once he starts gassing gsp taking him down will be much easier, so i don't see a prime gsp ever losing to someone likewoodley.

it seems these days its all about a big pay day and bragging rights to say you beat a legend. Is it really impressive when an older out of prime fedor gets beaten by someone much younger....NO I'm not the least bit impressed, because its never prime vs prime....thats why alot of these younger guys calling out gsp is ridiculous because even if you beat him you never really beat the prime gsp, the one that was on top of his game, you ended up beating a slower, less motivated, less explosive, less refexes, older gsp....its like racing against a V8 engine and then years later up against 4 cylinder...its not the same.

No he wouldn’t have. Another ww title does nothing for his legacy. He’s after legacy/money fights now. What’s so hard to comprehend about that?

Who would care about that fight? Maia has lost way too many times for it to be a "legacy" type fight.

Back