Would GSP be as respected if he fought sub .500 guys near the end of his career?

Sadly the answer is yes which I gather you already know. Likely because there would have been more finishes and tons of people would have loved that way more. Look at Ronda everyone calling her a beast for smashing Bethe even though everyone said Bethe has zero chance and shouldn't be given the fight.

It's one of the few places where you can find people who can't finish a 25 minute jog, shaming others for their inability to finish a top ranked MMA fighter.

Their respect is hard earned, but probably worth it.

LOL GSP is like Larry Bird his fight knowledge was off the charts. I think he did the right thing getting out while you are still on top he gave up both his knees for that shit no point sticking around after you made your name and don't need the cash anymore.

This

GSP will never be respected until he starts finishing fights and stops his boring lay and pray decisionfests

Calling GSP lay and pray is laughable at best. You're basically admitting that you don't know what LNP is.

Some of you idiots give idiots a bad name. You should apologize to Sherdogs regular, garden variety idiots.

GSP would be respected if he could actually finish a fight, or agreed to a rematch with the biggest threat of his reign.

Out of UFC goats, i think GSP gets the most respect. Atleast now that Silva pissed hot and used his brazilian brain to get himself out of trouble...

Oh, and GSP beat Johny so he doesnt really owe him a rematch. I would like to see GSP come back and beat Johnys ass tho, but not because they have ''unfinished business''.

Excatly my friend . Also GSP tapped to punches to the biggest upset ever in mma history and would not make a super fight with Anderson.

Cain tapped to punches as well, my friend. And just recently he got finished again.

GSP would be respected if he could actually finish a fight, or agreed to a rematch with the biggest threat of his reign.

I guess he could be as respect as Anderson if he picked on smaller guys while showing no interest in bigger challenges, disrespect his opponents, get embarrassingly KO'd by a guy he thought wasn't worthy of fighting him, get busted for roids and make up pathetic excuses.

In this thread...GSP haters exposed.

So aside from that, I'm guessing the consensus is that fighting people with losing records while you're elite is normal for boxing but not normal for MMA's culture. That's fine with me...MMA shouldn't have to resort to nonsense like that anyway.

Kinda like Cain did?

Cain tapped to punches as well, my friend. And just recently he got finished again.

Shogun tapped to strikes from JBJ as well...he took an absolute beating though.

34y4kmd.jpg

I guess he could be as respect as Anderson if he picked on smaller guys while showing no interest in bigger challenges, disrespect his opponents, get embarrassingly KO'd by a guy he thought wasn't worthy of fighting him, get busted for roids and make up pathetic excuses.

Well, in Anderson's defense, he did fight Forrest and Stephen at 205.

All the usual haters are, systems are normal.

Moving along ...

Out of UFC goats, i think GSP gets the most respect. Atleast now that Silva pissed hot and used his brazilian brain to get himself out of trouble...

Oh, and GSP beat Johny so he doesnt really owe him a rematch. I would like to see GSP come back and beat Johnys ass tho, but not because they have ''unfinished business''.
Nobody except GSP nuthuggers believe that he actually beat Johny. The UFC wanted a rematch and GSP ducked it.

Kinda like Cain did?

Cain never tapped to punches, children.

Oh you mean how he wanted to go down to 155 rather than go up? And the only time he was willing to engage in a 'superfight' was against a smaller man he'd already beaten? Everyone knew Serra wasn't worthy of fighting GSP and Serra absolutely destroyed him within a round. GSP made excuses for his loss to Serra and his performance against Diaz and Hendricks :redface:

He also had to cheat against that smaller man.

Also, he still hasn't rematched Hendricks.

Oh you mean how he wanted to go down to 155 rather than go up? And the only time he was willing to engage in a 'superfight' was against a smaller man he'd already beaten? Everyone knew Serra wasn't worthy of fighting GSP and Serra absolutely destroyed him within a round. GSP made excuses for his loss to Serra and his performance against Diaz and Hendricks :redface:

He also had to cheat against that smaller man.

Also, he still hasn't rematched Hendricks.

GSP wanted to go down to 155? Show me a quote where GSP said this.

BJ Penn called GSP out. Anderson called GSP out numerous times while making it clear he wanted nothing to do with the bigger man Jones. He basically said he wanted the GSP fight instead because it would be easier. Such a great champion :icon_lol:

Yeah, GSP had to cheat by having his corner men rub vaseline over his chest and back. Meanwhile, Anderson was seen doing this to himself on more than one occasion. Even had the referee wipe him down.

So again. If GSP wanted to be as respected as Anderson he should have been a bully, disrespect his opponents, get KO'd in the most embarrassing fashion after implying his opponent wasn't worthy of fighting him, get busted for multiple PED's and then make lame excuses. He can't even man up.

A so-called fight-fan with over 10,000 posts who doesn't "respect" one of the greatest personalities and athletes the sport has ever seen...

What a shit post.

A so-called fight-fan with over 10,000 posts who doesn't "respect" one of the greatest personalities and athletes the sport has ever seen...

What a shit post.

The guy's a running joke around here.

What a shit post.

You haven't been around here long enough yet. You'll realize that RedHawks100 and TheRassler are just GSP thread de-railers.

They have hotkeys setup to paste the same moronic shit repeatedly in order to get under peoples skin.

It's amazing how well it works, as you can see by this thread already.

Back