Would Glover have been lhw champ in mid 2000's when Chuck/Tito/Randy were champs?

cookdaddy

OG of OG's
@Brown
Reaction score
He couldn't fight because of a green card issue but he was training with Chuck for years during his prime. It begs the question, would Glover have been champion in the UFC if he was allowed to fight back then? I think the answer is yes, he would have no trouble with Tito or Chuck imo, Randy may give him trouble in the wrestling department but Glover would still be the superior fighter in every other category.

He couldn't fight because of a green card issue but he was training with Chuck for years during his prime. It begs the question, would Glover have been champion in the UFC if he was allowed to fight back then? I think the answer is yes, he would have no trouble with Tito or Chuck imo, Randy may give him trouble in the wrestling department but Glover would still be the superior fighter in every other category.
He evolved, the evolved version yes, who he was then he atleast had a shot

yes, chuck was never good idc what u say. tito is an old era fighter, not good. randy was pretty good but I think glover would be able to stuff his takedowns or atleast get up when hes taken down and ko randy. glover is not that good himself even in his prime, right now he lucked into a titleshot if u really look at it

yes, chuck was never good idc what u say. tito is an old era fighter, not good. randy was pretty good but I think glover would be able to stuff his takedowns or atleast get up when hes taken down and ko randy. glover is not that good himself even in his prime, right now he lucked into a titleshot if u really look at it

iu

I feel like I can remember back in the day Hackleman saying that Teixeira would be a bad match up for Chuck, but I may have just imagined that shit because I sure can't find it with an extensive two minutes or so of Googling. Then again, even if it was said, that may have been after Chuck's career ended and they were trying to hype Glover. Glover has always claimed that he was basically a BJJ guy and that Chuck taught him most of what he knows about striking and wrestling.

Join date and posts per day check out.

upload_2021-9-14_20-57-29.png

The one who lost to Ed Herman and was finished by Eric Schwartz? I doubt it. Chuck in particular is a bad matchup for any version of Glover.
That's literally his first and fourth MMA fights. after losing to Herman he then went on a 20 fight winning streak before losing to Jones.

It's like saying Aldo is a bum because he lost to Luciano Azevedo in his 8th pro fight.

That's literally his first and fourth MMA fights. after losing to Herman he then went on a 20 fight winning streak before losing to Jones.

It's like saying Aldo is a bum because he lost to Luciano Azevedo in his 8th pro fight.

Read the title again. Mid 2000s Glover was losing to Ed Herman

if glover is supposed to be so good
how come he has ducked shogun for 20 years??

The version of him that got battered by Jones would have probably been champ, but the version of him that trained with Chuck probably loses to Chuck and Randy. Maybe Tito as well.

I can't speak on what version he would of been but the earliest UFC versions of glover would have killed Chuck and tito. Too well rounded and has the cardio and power to smash them on the ground.

Chuck would still be good today not champ but top 10.

He had elite takedown defense, was a big LHW and could take a punch and had crazy KO power. He owned grapplers

He would maybe be top 15, with the only guys he could beat misha (no chin) and maybe walker if johnny doesnt ko chuck first. his striking was super super terrible and he was so slow, he could stop takedowns from fighters that would shoot from super far away and still wrestled like it was a college wrestling match. @Oceanmachine

Back