Would Glover be a stylistically tougher fight for Adesanya?

If Glover could work on him in grappling exchanges Izzy could get embarrassed
Yes, Glover's boxing would be really interesting here. Izzy is not one punch knocking people out so Glover may be able to last and instill his boxing.

If Glover takes him down he wins

It's wild that Glover is still a top fighter at 205, despite declining heavily. The state of this division...

Yup he weighed in at 204. It's all good now though, he can go home.
Not out of the woods yet. Lately fights have been getting cancelled within an hour of the first prelim. lol

In theory, but if you think Jan is slow, Glover makes him look like a fucking Cheetah. Glover would undoubtedly get hurt trying to get inside and get finished. I would love to see him old man strength Izzy to the ground but it's unlikely.

I'd say so. I consider Glover to be a much better fighter in general than Jan.
Really? You could argue he's craftier but Jan managed to overcome Corey and Krylov inside the distance while Glover was out of sorts against one, and very competitive with the other.

MMAth, I know, but I think you're not giving Jan credit.

Really? You could argue he's craftier but Jan managed to overcome Corey and Krylov inside the distance while Glover was out of sorts against one, and very competitive with the other.

Jan is better standing and is so much faster than Glover. The path of victory for those two against each other is clear, I think, though Jan is better on the ground than he gets credit for. Jan needs to fight as smart as humanly possible tonight and it may not even matter.

Lately Glover can't get a takedown until he gets dropped hard, so... yeah, hell for Izzy

I like Jan as a fighter and he's been on a good run but tonight will be the real test. Glover has proven over and over again that he's a top 5 guy.

That fight would have no middle ground, it's either Izzy by KO after a series of lightning fast strikes or Glover gets him down and does work. Glover's never been a fast guy and he's only gotten slower with age. Every fight he's in he gets tagged at first, weathers the storm and ends up winning on the ground. Against one of the fastest strikers in the UFC it's tough to imagine him surviving that initial onslaught. But...if he does get him down, no one has shown much ability to survive his top game.

but apart from Jan and Glover I don't see anyone else at LHW beating Izzy

If Glover can take down Santos and control him on the ground he would do the same to Gyno.

Glover is very strong and Gyno has nothing off his back.

There's a reason why Adesanya stated before the Jan fight that he'd move back down to MW after. That reason is Glover, and the possibility of Jones moving back to LHW for a superfight.

Back