Would Cruz on UFC 200 as a co-main event and Conor/RDA as main be acceptable and big enough?

pjswmkj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I find Cruz pretty fascinating, and relevant.

Cruz vs McGregor for the main

Champ vs champ

hi-res-c4c5ae29b6dc37d9ece5ea4bed14a1bd_crop_north.jpg

2F54E14C00000578-0-image-a-72_1449994116322.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming Conor gets by nate, which is by no means a guarantee. But maybe yeah. Conor vs RDA, Cruz vs Mighty Mouse Rematch at 135 if he gets by Cejudo uninjured? since MM basically has his division on lock down.

Maybe put Cruz on a Fox card vs Faber first to get him mainstream. Then he'll create enough interest for PPV

As long as conor is on the card if he is not there than doesnt matter if they stack all ther other champs together.

Unfortunately, no. Not for 200. Lighter class, 3 years layoff. People don't care.

Cruz vs Mighty Mouse might be the only fight to make it relevant

But MM already has the fight with Cejudo in April so I doubt we'd get to see that

I dont think a TJ rematch or Cruz / Faber III would be all that interesting or big for that matter

Cruz and big event dont go together the guy belongs on fightpass

If they didn't want UFC 200 to be successful then they would put Cruz on it

As long as Cruz isn't fighting Faber, I'm fine with it.

They aren't going to top UFC 100, so let's kill that noise right now.
Yeah. I Have a hard time believing they have anything on the roster to top Lesnar, and GSP on the same card. The level of freakshow brock offered, and the level of MMA pedigree Georges offered was just so big.

UFC 100 had GSP as co-main.

UFC 200 is supposed to be bigger than 100. Is Cruz bigger than GSP?
You're right. And a heavyweight fight could be legit. What if, God forbid, Stipe gets injured, Overeem smokes Arlovski, and they quickly book Overeem vs Werdum 2 as co-main event to Conor? That would be huge, if true. I'd pay $60.00

Conor Vs Rda
Rousey vs Holm rematch (or whoevers the champ)
Throw Faber vs Cruz on there? but that would be 3 title fights

I very much enjoy watching Cruz fight and think he's an all-time great, but I don't think UFC 200 is the greatest idea for various reasons, including his potential opponents and how they match up. And I do think the card needs a title fight from one of the higher weight classes, even if it's WW. I've been hoping we'd see Wonderboy vs. Lawler at UFC 200, but it doesn't seem like that's happening.

Do they also really want to Risk putting Cruz on whats supposed to be a great card with his predisposition for injury's

I very much enjoy watching Cruz fight and think he's an all-time great, but I don't think UFC 200 is the greatest idea for various reasons, including his potential opponents and how they match up. And I do think the card needs a title fight from one of the higher weight classes, even if it's WW. I've been hoping we'd see Wonderboy vs. Lawler at UFC 200, but it doesn't seem like that's happening.
They seem to rely on Conor right now.

Cruz vs Almeida for co main.

Back