Would Cro Cop in his prime be a bad match up for DC ?

Cro cop physical prime in my opinion 1999 - 2003.
Ok so Mirko age 25 -30. I couldn't even begin to imagine how much of a beast DC would be if he did it in his physical prime, added with his fight IQ. I mean you would have to do alot of mental gymnastics to favor Mirko. Hell! even DC age 30 -37 would have to be the heavy favorite.

Last edited:
This is going to sound odd but I think Andrei Arlovski could have done something. Back in the day.

It is HW, anyone can get caught. However, I would favour Cro Cop in 9 of 10 bouts vs Arlovski.

giphy.gif
cro-cop-body-kicks-herring-o.gif

5W9a.gif

CroCop by left kick..... and where will this send Cormier?????

Well it depends where the fight takes place. Cro Cop wasn’t that great in the cage but a monster in the ring. No matter where the fight happens, CC isn’t just going to easily land the LHK either. There’s more to this than that simple explanation/outcome. It all depends what Cro cop shows up imo.

DC not as quick as Randleman so don't see him winning by ko but by decision

I mean I could potentially see Cormir catching Mirko but not exploding in with a quick power punch like Randleman did, I think it would probably need to be much closer in than that which was never easy to achieve.

Dc would take him down pretty easily. Cro cops only hope would be a lucky kick.

Either DC knocks out Cro Cop like Randleman did or he gets flattened with a left head kick, which he tends to lean in to

Cro cop had pretty damned good takedown d and wouldn't do dirty boxing. Dont think dc could force it really, mirko was always good at keeping distance. In all honesty dc looked sloppy vs stipe, kinda luring him in. His cardio didnt look strong for such a short fught either. I could see a ko by mirko as best bet.

Cormier would pressure Cro Cop, clinch, take him down, and make him quit. Stipe was supposedly a bad matchup for DC too.

No matter where the fight happens, CC isn’t just going to easily land the LHK either.
not going to do mmath or shit but Jon is waaay sloppier than Crocop at kicking and still
tenor.gif

in comparision Mirko was able to HK out of nowhere
53166_o_medium.gif

I like Cormier, but Crocop would be my pick by far. Cormier would be out within minutes.

Good fight. In a cage, DC takes any version of Mirko down. Clinches, grinds, drains and wins by comfy, somewhat boring but still crystal clear decision. In a ring, DC gets cemetery'd.

Prime Cop vs JJ is also very interesting.

Last edited:
not going to do mmath or shit but Jon is waaay sloppier than Crocop at kicking and still
tenor.gif

in comparision Mirko was able to HK out of nowhere
53166_o_medium.gif

Yes, but he way Jon set the kick up was perfect. He was setting up that kick the entire fight. He stayed patient and kept attacking the body with kicks, knees and hooks. Constantly feinting to make DC drop his hands and lean, and also, Jones throws at a much higher pace than Cro Cop overall. Mirko had phenomenal TDD, but Jones is a different animal in he grappling. He also worked DC in the clinch with strikes, too, to help set that kick up.

Back