Would Cormier beat Jones if they fought again?

Jones seem to have declined in the last few fights.
Would DC have enough in him to beat Jones if they fought now?

Or would this match play out like the first two?

I dont buy the jones decline hes only 32.

people thought he took a step back in his win vs ovince but then he goes out and demolishes alex and dc.
98% of these guys have cheated in the past or do cheat. fucking high school athletes have been using steroids since forever. so i don't discount the dc win. he did fine vs anthoney smith. never took any major risks to end the fight but didn't look bad. the thaigo fight was weird. some people say if santos didn't hurt his knee he would have won but i am on the side where i think jon would have actually finished the fight or won more convincingly had santos not hurt his knee. it put santos into a mode where all he did was stay back and not engage to much and was looking for big bombs. jons is a smart fighter and a good martial artist and adjusted accordingly and it made a weird fight. agin i don't think he did bad there.

reyes proved hes legit. I don't think he proved jon is losing it. after all those title defenses hes still beating new undefeated up and comers. the fight was really close and i understand arguments for both sides. i was on the side that jon won a close decision period. I think it will light a fire under him and he would possibly finish dom in a rematch like he did alex.

hes only 32. psychically i personally think hes at his best. mentally there are issues. its very clear. anyone with a brain isn't going to sit there at this point and say jon is some evil malicious person who doesn't care about others. his issues are very clear now. No one who has millions does this to themselves , takes these risks or makes these decisions unless something is really wrong with them. Not everyone is meant to get punched in the head. you can see it causing hesitation in him sometimes. now he gets more help and the ones who matter will be more understanding. If he can over come this i think we are in for another 6 solid fights for jon before if not more.

also imagine putting this guy in a jail cell where he is allowed around other inmates and one of those inmates decides to fuck with him.. lol. when he is in your jail you drop the soap and just go dirty. its not worth it.

So what conclusion do you draw from the results you mention?
that he wasn't dosing steroids leading up to the dc fight. there's no way he was on a tbol protocol in the weeks before a fight. do you disagree with that? obviously the arbitrator saw the same thing as well.

DC's only problem with fighting Jones is I believe the weight cut kills him too much. Heavyweight bout and history would also be written different
He doesn't cut much weight. He nearly died of kidney failure cutting weight for the olympics. Since then has has always cut very little weight.

without a doubt.

the jones that faced smith, santos and reyes would get murked by cormier.

No. Even at HW, nothing will change. Actually, DC probably loses faster at HW. In my opinion DC is fatter and slower at HW. His capabilities are actually DIMINISHED at HW.

Yes. Jones is honestly average without his dick pills.

that he wasn't dosing steroids leading up to the dc fight. there's no way he was on a tbol protocol in the weeks before a fight. do you disagree with that? obviously the arbitrator saw the same thing as well.

If you think he didn't use them, then he was treated unfairly. Why strip him of the title if he didn't hold an unfair advantage?

If you think he didn't use them, then he was treated unfairly. Why strip him of the title if he didn't hold an unfair advantage?
why aren't you offering your own opinion? i asked you a question.

he was stripped because it was in his system, he had no good explanation and he hadn't served time for it before. period.

At HW? Maybe DC would win. But I think DC would perform bad against Jon, because he doesn’t really believe he can win against Jon anymore

In LHW, no.
In HW, no.

Still DC's better at being on the boring side of law.

why aren't you offering your own opinion? i asked you a question.

he was stripped because it was in his system, he had no good explanation and he hadn't served time for it before. period.

I claim no expertise in chemistry, so I can't offer an opinion on the merits of the case. I simply think he should be stripped and punished if he took something that could upset the balance of the fight but not otherwise.

I claim no expertise in chemistry, so I can't offer an opinion on the merits of the case. I simply think he should be stripped and punished if he took something that could upset the balance of the fight but not otherwise.
and he was.

but not because it upset the balance of the fight.

Nah, too late.

Jones seems to only get motivated and really look impressive when he fights DC or Gus.

DC always has a chance because the first fight was competitive and he was winning the 2nd fight before getting stopped. Jones just has that little extra. He'd have a better shot at Heavyweight but age is gonna play a factor now. He's noticeably slower and sloppier.

Back