Would cormier be able to ragdoll Overeem or Brock(2009)?

Brock outwrestled Cain so I have a hard time seeing Cormier ragdoll him

u mean the one takedown that brock had where cain quickly got back up?

2labgur.gif

If Brock trained extensively with wrestling in his training camp, Cormier would lose in the wrestling department. Brock couldn't control Cain, but he easily took Cain down twice within like a minute.

Cormier had trouble taking down Roy Nelson, of course it didn't matter since he outstruck him on the feet but it's ROY NELSON. His wrestling shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Cormier but due to the huge weight difference, Cormier wasn't able to throw him around.

Cormier would come into fight around 220 lb, Brock Lesnar would come into fight around 300 lb with lower body fat % than Cormier. Brock is one of the best wrestlers in HW MMA history, if Cormier couldn't throw around Roy Nelson due to his weight, how the hell is he supposed to outwrestle Lesnar who is bigger than Roy, stronger/faster than Roy and is 235802735x better wrestler than Roy?

I'm not saying Lesnar wins this fight, but I don't see Cormier doing anything wrestling wise

The same Brock that smashed Mir would absolutely crush DC.

You mean the one that Velasquez ate like chorizo? I guess you forgot Velasquez taking him down for twice as long and punching his face into bloody hamburger meat.

He could probably td overeem pretty easily

Brock? ........I doubt it

Cormier and Brock would look like Cain and Brock. Brock might be able to get an early takedown off of a blast double but Cormier would likely spring up, get takedowns of his own, and start to dominate on the feet the first time one of those nasty quick crosses came over Lesnar's telegraphed jab. Lesnar's lack of a stand-up game along with his poor chin and recovery mean that he wasn't going to do well against anybody who could keep him from getting on top frequently and could strike quickly and effectively on the feet.

If Brock trained extensively with wrestling in his training camp, Cormier would lose in the wrestling department. Brock couldn't control Cain, but he easily took Cain down twice within like a minute.

Cormier had trouble taking down Roy Nelson, of course it didn't matter since he outstruck him on the feet but it's ROY NELSON. His wrestling shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Cormier but due to the huge weight difference, Cormier wasn't able to throw him around.

Cormier would come into fight around 220 lb, Brock Lesnar would come into fight around 300 lb with lower body fat % than Cormier. Brock is one of the best wrestlers in HW MMA history, if Cormier couldn't throw around Roy Nelson due to his weight, how the hell is he supposed to outwrestle Lesnar who is bigger than Roy, stronger/faster than Roy and is 235802735x better wrestler than Roy?

I'm not saying Lesnar wins this fight, but I don't see Cormier doing anything wrestling wise

What are you talking about? DC took Roy down every time he committed to a takedown.

When it comes to weight though I think your making the classic mistake of ignoring that a lot of the reason why Lesnar was an excellent wrestler was his size. Technically Brock isn't anywhere close to Cormier, he needed his size to bridge the skill gap and reach the top.

That said I do agree Lesnar wouldn't be easy for DC to take down, I actually think the strongest part of Brocks wrestling is his takedown defence, in most of his wrestling matches I'v seen he seems to defend and wait for openings rather than attacking aggressively.

The problem he'd have in this match though would I'd say be that Cormier also looked very hard to take down, much moreso than Cain who's a lot more aggressive and easier to catch off balance. I'm 95% sure this match would stay standing until Brock gets caught, panics and gets TKOed.

Overeem yes, because he is smaller now without esteroids and has no high level wrestling at all

Brock... well.. Lesnar is HUGE and has a very nice wrestling. Will me like Cain vs Brock IMO, but with Brock looking a little better because Cain is much bigger than Cormier

I think the worst matchup for Cormier would actually be prime Brock.

You have that the other way around. Brock has a minute chance to get this fight on the ground. Every punch that Cormier throws would make Brock flinch.

Cormier would have beaten him worse than Cain did.

Prime Brock could barely shift a 45 year old Randy. His mma wrestling and strength are myth. Cormier would toss him to the ground and smash him.

I agree. The UFC did a great job promoting that myth that it seems like it still perpetuates today in the eyes of many MMA fans.

When it comes to weight though I think your making the classic mistake of ignoring that a lot of the reason why Lesnar was an excellent wrestler was his size. Technically Brock isn't anywhere close to Cormier, he needed his size to bridge the skill gap and reach the top.

That said I do agree Lesnar wouldn't be easy for DC to take down, I actually think the strongest part of Brocks wrestling is his takedown defence, in most of his wrestling matches I'v seen he seems to defend and wait for openings rather than attacking aggressively.

The problem he'd have in this match though would I'd say be that Cormier also looked very hard to take down, much moreso than Cain who's a lot more aggressive and easier to catch off balance. I'm 95% sure this match would stay standing until Brock gets caught, panics and gets TKOed.

good assessment.

Back