Would cormier be able to ragdoll Overeem or Brock(2009)?

Ibm

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People say that he would ragdoll guys and I am not disputing that. So far he has done excellent but do you think he would be able to man handle guys like brock or overeem the same way?

Ragdoll? no, takedown? yes although I think Alistair's striking and subs in the clinch would make it riskier than vs guys like Hendo and Barnett.

I think Cormier vs Brock would be interesting . I think Cormier would keep it standing and win the stand up battle. Not saying Brock couldn't get him down but if he did I think Cormier would get back up quickly.

I think the worst matchup for Cormier would actually be prime Brock.

Brock would make Cormier look like a welterweight. Literally.

For some reason I miss Brock. Dude was entertaining.

I don't know about Brock, but I don't see him ragdolling Overeem. He probably wouldn't ragdoll him, either.

He dominates the Reem to a decision and outworks Brock in the first couple of rounds to gas him before finishing him off by strikes

Brock outwrestled Cain so I have a hard time seeing Cormier ragdoll him

He would probably stand with brock and knock him out. Cormier has good hands and we all know where brock is at with that.

Overeem is trickier but i dont know i still think cormier would take it.

Brock outwrestled Cain so I have a hard time seeing Cormier ragdoll him

i must have missed the part where he was outwrestling Cain. Or do you mean taking Cain down 2x for prob 4 secs total before being taken down himself and controlled and GnP'd?

biggest diff between Cain/DC and Brock is Cain/DC make it look effortless with TDs, they dont waste energy forcing them like Brock. Brock gassed himself out trying to TD Cain against the cage and once he finally did Cain got up so quick it looked like he was on springs. Then he took down Brock with little energy expended and starting owning him.

Overeem would beat the shit out of Cormier, i don't think Cormier could take him down. Overeem would probably rag doll him and threw him away with ease if Cormier tries to engage in a takedown.

Although this is if it was in 2010/2009.

Would get mauled by brock imo overeem might get knocked out by cormier but i still think overeem can win pretty even matchup there.

Would get mauled by brock imo overeem might get knocked out by cormier but i still think overeem can win pretty even matchup there.

Brock isnt taking down DC, get that outta your head. He cant TD and control Cain, he isnt taking down and controlling DC. He would be forced to stand and trade and get TKO/KO'd.

Brock isnt taking down DC, get that outta your head. He cant TD and control Cain, he isnt taking down and controlling DC. He would be forced to stand and trade and get TKO/KO'd.

Brock took down Cain actually, he struggled to keep him there but he got him down nonetheless.

I don't think he could ragdole with overeem. Cormier likes to ear people out in the clinch against the fence. That is where Overeem is the most dangerous. I think he could take down snd keep him diwn, but overeem has some good submissions.
Against Lesnar I give him more change especially if he wear him out in the clinch. Once Lesnar is gassed there are more openings, but still, one punch from Lesnar could change the game.

Not really rag doll but he would get the better of those guys in the wrestling department. Cormier beats them both I think.

No, i don't think so... Ubereem was too strong and too dangerous to be manhandled and Brock was too heavy (given that he was also a very competent wrestler).

He could take both down though.

For some reason I miss Brock. Dude was entertaining.

He was a pure one-dimensional, a lot of fun matchups at heavyweight.

If cormier wins:::they don't touch, lesnar rushes in reachingBOOM uppercut OUCH! Another bomb and some Pettis-style greatness kicks

If lesnar wins::::don't touch gloves, lesnar rushes with kicks and punches, picks cormier up and slams him on his head. Ground n pound and ko

Back