Would Conrad fight Gaethje?

It was never there. He fought undersized opposition, look what happened when he fought competent LW.

Yeah 7-0 vs FWs but 3-3 vs LW/WW. His dumb fanboys blame it on motivation issues. Lmfao

I meant aura like he was steamrolling everyone when he was a FW. And that's gone now

Yeah 7-0 vs FWs but 3-3 vs LW/WW. His dumb fanboys blame it on motivation issues. Lmfao

I meant aura like he was steamrolling everyone when he was a FW. And that's gone now

Motivation my ass.

he was there for the money first and foremost. GSP was motivated and that's why he defended for so many times, same with Andy. but once Mcg went to LW and fought people who were the same size look what happened. Also, once he got millions he didn't care about legacy.

I think Connor would rather fight Justin than Poirier to be honest. Gaethje is not exactly a difficult guy to hit and would probably be content to stand and bang.
Gaethje in (and since the) Ferguson fight actually picking his shot and kick - which is extremely lethal to any fighter ever.

Looked the at firefight that Khabib had to been through to be able to apply that kind of pressure. I don't think McGregor has Khabib's legs, chin or heart for that matter.

Gaethje would amputate his lead leg but would conor actually take on a tough opponent or fight an easier opponent like he did after the Khabib loss?
Gaethje presents less threat to Conor. Gaethje is going to have a difficult time landing anything on Conor in the first two rounds. You can talk about his leg kicks but that comes at the price of him getting knocked out by Conor. Who knows? Gaethje might put Conor in the clinch in the later rounds and knock him out. But, Poirier is the tougher match-up for Conor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaethje is a way easier fight than Poirier. He doesn't threaten with wrestling and he's easy to hit. He also doesn't have a great chin. Even Ferguson had him rocked.

Gaethje is a bad match-up for McGregor, as he will butcher the lead leg and has 10x the amount of mental toughness. However, Gaethje is hittable and somewhat predictable as a forward pressure fighter. So McGregor could get the early KO or TKO. However, I feel like Gaethje's defense has improved enough that he can survive the early minutes and eventually get inside against McGregor and take control of the fight with short punches, elbows and heavy upper cuts. I think Gaethje fucks McGregor up bad...I think Gaethje absolutely resents the special treatment McGregor receives from the UFC as a part-time fighter and he will happily punish McGregor to show the UFC and the fanbase who is the real fighter and who is the social media fighter who likes to collect expensive cars and expensive watches while talking shit from a keyboard...
Elbows and uppercuts? Those are even harder to land than a straight punch for someone who has short wingspan like Gaethje. Only way I see Justin winning this in the later rounds is if he goes relentless in one of the exchanges but he needs to be able to take a few punches because he doesn't have the head movements of Poirier. Basically, exploit Conor’s cardio. Let’s be real, Justin is going to throw those leg kicks and those dive in body shots for the first two rounds because he has trouble landing against elite strikers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaethje is a beatable opponent for Conor...but if Conor doesn't knocck him out early, it'll soon turn into a long (painful) night. High-risk, medium reward...so I think Conor will pass.

Jarl

Like always, Conor and the UFC are being very careful picking out fights for him. MMA is crazy, even though he has been babied/cherry picked all of the fights in his UFC career, he still loses sometimes. They don't want him to lose another one, they need to get the man a W.

Gaethje presents less threat to Conor. Gaethje is going to have a difficult time landing anything on Conor in the first two rounds. You can talk about his leg kicks but that comes at the price of him getting knocked out by Conor. Who knows? Gaethje might put Conor in the clinch in the later rounds and knock him out. But, Poirier is the tougher match-up for Conor.

Yeah Porier couldnt beat Conor in the early exchanges and he lost round 1. But if the fight goes later, it's hell for Conor and good for Gaethje

Last edited:
Justin doesn’t do high profile fights well..Connor overwhelms Justin with fame..

The ideal fight for him right now is Zombie at 155. Then Nate. then Dustin.

Elbows and uppercuts? Those are even harder to land than a straight punch for someone who has short wingspan like Gaethje. Only way I see Justin winning this in the later rounds is if he goes relentless in one of the exchanges but he needs to be able to take a few punches because he doesn't have the head movements of Poirier. Basically, exploit Conor’s cardio. Let’s be real, Justin is going to throw those leg kicks and those dive in body shots for the first two rounds because he has trouble landing against elite strikers.

"However, I feel like Gaethje's defense has improved enough that he can survive the early minutes and eventually get inside against McGregor and take control of the fight with short punches, elbows and heavy upper cuts." I totally understand the difference between striking at distance and close-in or in the clinch. Given that my sentence you refer to contains "get inside", I think its pretty obvious that I'm not making reference to striking from the outside. If you are familiar with striking, inside fighting negates a reach advantage. Mike Tyson was a short HW boxer who made a nice living bobbing and weaving to get inside against taller and larger opponents and then launch hooks and upper cuts for early round KO's.

it would be a good fight.

- if conor hasn't created a leg kick defense a few of those from gaethje will cripple him easily.
- they can easily KO eachother, but conors striking is much more polished. khabib had to respect him and his power. khabib just walked gaethje down and didn't care.
- one thing i will point out is conors ground game is under rated. look at how well he stuffed khabibs attempts for 3 rounds compared to gaethje.
- would not be surprised if conor goes for TD or sub given how bad gaethjes defense is.

I dont know if conor would fight gaethge but if they fought and conor won,they would be be no rematch

Gaethje would give Conor permanent brain damage. He might be hittable but he has good recovery and would slow down Conor with calf kicks. Then Conor will probably quit again

Back