Would Chael Sonnen be a top 10 MW if he returns to fighting?

Would Chael Sonnen be a top 10 MW if he returns to fighting?

• Total voters

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I think so. I don't see him beating anybody in the top five, but I think he could get passed Vitor, Brunson, Hall, Whittaker, and Mousasi.

I can see him outboxing Weidman, the Chael is underrated.

Na he's done. I doubt he fights again anyway.

giphy.gif

I think he might,who knows.

Cheal said he hopes he never has to fight Weidman,make from it what you will.

Lets see him fight at least one time before making these predictions.

Long time out, usada era, etc etc.... Hard to tell what kind of chael is going to show up.

I'm down for a King Mike vs Lord Chael rematch

Top 10 in the UFC

or top 10 at Portland residential real estate

sonnench.jpg

Hard to say. Hes older now and drug testing is more strict than it was before, but I don't think its outrageous to believe that he could break top 10. He does hold a win over the current MW champion and he would def beat Hendo haha

Top 5.....Open Weight Trash talker, fighting i doubt it, but i would watch for sure.

I think so. I don't see him beating anybody in the top five, but I think he could get passed Vitor, Brunson, Hall, Whittaker, and Mousasi.
For guys that voted yes.
8eQqot7.gif
Edit. Did you say he could beat Hall, Whitaker, Mousasi, Vitor, and Brunson ?
U7ezHEp.gif
They all would murder Chael lol.

Not Gegard. I think Mousasi destroys Chael in 3 minutes. On the feet, in the clinch, on the ground. Mousasi's better. I think Chael may have a few good moments of GnP from Mousasi's open guard before he gets subbed with a triangle or armbar.

Hard to say without seeing him fight again. It's been almost three years since he even fought. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

Not Gegard. I think Mousasi destroys Chael in 3 minutes. On the feet, in the clinch, on the ground. Mousasi's better. I think Chael may have a few good moments of GnP from Mousasi's open guard before he gets subbed with a triangle or armbar.

On the feet yes, but Gegard's Alkalies heel has always been his wrestling. I think Chael would take him down and beat on him for three rounds. It's definitely a losable fight for him though.

Derek Brunson would be a terrible matchup for Chael. I'd bet on him getting TKO'd there. The only guy who he could maybe be a favorite against would be Vitor imo.

Back