Would Cerrone be the greatest fighter who has never won a belt?

You are just hating. He physically teared up in the Perry fight on camera.
No hate just stating facts. I like his fight style and that he’ll fight anyone but he’s dramatic.

He is absolutely in the discussion, but i don't think there is or should be a "greatest ufc fighter to never win a belt"

All of them from Cowboy to Hendo to Faber, all greats that on any good night or a different judge in the seat could of been a champ. All legends.

Nah. I enjoy his fights but he's just not good enough to win a belt. Not even close really.

Has sakuraba won a belt?

Indeed, i forgot the Bisping Law. Sorry to look like a casual for that mistake... <DCrying>

It's okay it a relatively new law of MMA so no harm in forgetting old chap.. It would be cool if he does indeed prove the theory of the Bisping Law though I must say

He’s very Dramatic using his son for why he’s winning I call baloney. Before he was going to win a title for his grandma and now it’s for his son and after he loses another title shot It’s going to be for Uncle fester.

{<huh}

View attachment 508975

UFC 17 Middleweight Tournament Winner

Henderson.jpg

Dan won the MW tournament at UFC 17, and was given the medal that is around his neck in the picture. He won the tournament by defeating Carlos Newton. Pat Miletich would be crowned the first UFC WW Champion, 6 months later. Carlos Newton would defeat Pat, in his very next fight. Newton would then lose to Matt Hughes, in one of the most iconic moments in UFC/MMA history. Hughes would go on to rule that division for years, until GSP finally beat him in their rematch. GSP would then rule the division for even longer than Hughes did. So, you could make the argument that Hendo is really the 1st WW Champion in UFC history.

View attachment 508993

View attachment 508977

Everyone that you listed has won a belt, except Demian Maia and...

View attachment 508989

He is probably the best fighter, to not win a belt. And many people think that he defeated the current MW Champion, in their last Championship fight.

I was talking about ufc belts, obviously. Read the post, I even put parenthesis

Demian Maia
Faber
Dan Henderson (ufc)
Overeem (ufc)
Jacare
Soldier of God Romero

PS: I was talking about ufc belts...
Many were champs in WEC, Strikeforce, Pride, were even UFC tourney champs, etc. Cowboy has continually been near the top for such a long time, much like Bisping and has had a few title shots, only to come up short. Yoel has only been a top fighter for a few years, while Cowboy was fighting for titles last decade.

And he never will.Cause the smart fighters will have game plans that involve pressure and setting up body shots(his weakness 4ever now)

Greatest fighter nope , just a good fighter never destined for greatness.

Cerrone has a good amount of top 10 wins. People in this thread saying he only fights cans are retarded.

I would agree that "Cowboy" is high on the list of greatest fighters of all-time to never capture a World's Championship. Even if he left the UFC and won a Bellator title I would contest that the true MMA World Championship is in the UFC, and I honestly don't see him ever holding gold in the UFC, so I think he could possibly be the best to never wear the crown.

Didn't Dan win a tournament ? Whilst not a champion, it's still a belt....or maybe it was a trophy

UFC 17 Middleweight Tournament Winner

Henderson.jpg

Dan won the MW tournament at UFC 17, and was given the medal that is around his neck in the picture. He won the tournament by defeating Carlos Newton. Pat Miletich would be crowned the first UFC WW Champion, 6 months later. Carlos Newton would defeat Pat, in his very next fight. Newton would then lose to Matt Hughes, in one of the most iconic moments in UFC/MMA history. Hughes would go on to rule that division for years, until GSP finally beat him in their rematch. GSP would then rule the division for even longer than Hughes did. So, you could make the argument that Hendo is really the 1st WW Champion in UFC history.

I'm sorry but the only correct answer is Jon Fitch.

He was the undisputed second best WW for a VERY LONG time. In his prime he beat EVERYBODY in the division, except for GSP.

Others that are just below Fitch: Kenny Florian, Faber, Rumble Johnson...

Cowboy is not on the list because he hasn't fought many top5 guys in his career, and when he did... he lost. He spent his career fighting guys in the bottom end of the top10 and top 15... which still makes him a very great fighter. 100% hall of famer. But definitely not the best to never win the belt.

Last edited:
He's a b level fighters who gets stomped by the upper level guys.

Back