Would Caol Uno be able to defeat BJ Penn nowadays?

Solidrock

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Uno is doing well in the Japanese circuit... on the other hand, BJ looked awful in his last fight against Edgar. :icon_sad:

Would he be able to beat BJ today? do any of you would like to see Penn/Uno III?

Would watch. I still think BJ has things to offer despite his recent slump.

i'd be surprised if uno won, but i'd love to see it.

I don't think so, would watch though.

I'm more interested in knowing if Goldberg could pronounce Caol Uno's name nowadays.

Lol at fighting on Japan's small time companys compared to fighting Frankie Edger

penn shat the bed in his last fight but he's still many magnitudes a better fighter than the guys uno has been facing... i think penn would beat him up

Lol at fighting on Japan's small time companys compared to fighting Frankie Edger

49930486.jpg

now with that said! Uno and Penn had a great match up at UFC 41 which the majority of these jonny come lately's have not seen. Uno looks good at 145. Who knows if Penn would have a better weight cut. I wouldnt mind seeing it! I am a fan of both who are pioneers of the sport.

so random...was just talking with my friend last night about their fight when BJ starched him in like 8 seconds.

kinda indifferent on who I think would win, but hell yeah i'd watch that matchup...

Unfortunately I think anyone can beat BJ nowadays. It was depressing seeing him so helpless and on that weird stance his last fight.

BJ would probably look pretty good if he got to fight in Japan too. I mean Cro Cop is finishing guys over there for crying out loud.

I love Uno, but he got beat up pretty badly by Ishiwatari in Shooto 2 or 3 years ago and Ishiwatari is a bantamweight.

I know it was a while ago and Uno has been on a decent streak since then, but I still wouldn't pick him to beat Penn.

Yes I'd love to watch Penn/Uno III and my odds on this fight would be

Penn -220
Uno +165

I was having thoughts of Penn/Uno and also Penn/Sato about 30 hours ago.
Somebody shared with me.

BJ would probably look pretty good if he got to fight in Japan too. I mean Cro Cop is finishing guys over there for crying out loud.

Well he was finishing guys in the UFC too...

BJ would tear the Japanese circuit apart from 145 to 170.

Unfortunately I think anyone can beat BJ nowadays. It was depressing seeing him so helpless and on that weird stance his last fight.

i wonder what his camp was telling him when he was trying that shit. unless he came up with it himself on the way to the cage lol

Back