Would Cain's stratergy against JDS work on every MMA fighter on the planet?

I think so. It's an unbeatable strategy, like Sonnen's but with stand up and GNP that hurts.

only fighter i wouldnt use that against is werdum, but he can take him down and stand up right away.. then mix it up on the feet to give a threat of td

No it would not and that is what makes MMA so fun to watch. Really not that simple

No. Being that aggressive leaves him open to be countered. If he kept doing that in every fight he would probably get caught. If that were Overeem, don't you think he would capitalize with some knees on those sloppy takedowns? If that were Cormier, don't you think he would jump on top of Cain in dominant position everytime he flopped about on those failed takedowns? And Cain wouldn't even want to try that strategy against Werdum or Big Nog.

Cain is going to have his hands full when he takes on Overeem. I dont see cain making it to the 3rd round.

Cain's standup has reached new heights of overrated. He isn't better than Werdum in that area.

No but for his next fight against Overeem it will work perfectly. Overeem will gas 10x quicker than JDS and be a punching bag for a round before quitting.

I don't think Cain will be able to do that against AO out werdum. I give jds the rubber match though.

Nope. A guy with good grappling unlike JDS would have taken Cains back when he missed his shot and ended up on all fours.

Cormier or Werdum would fare pretty well against Cain.

Dont write it off like Cain's aggressiveness and pace didnt force that.

Force what?

There wasn't any grappling involed.

It was Cain rushing and JDS getting out of the way.

This wasn't some Couture like grappling going on in the begining.

Cain's standup has reached new heights of overrated. He isn't better than Werdum in that area.

Being "better" doesn't always matter

It's about how effective you are

Won't work on someone that doesn't gas in the first 2.5 minutes.

that strategy would make any HW fighter gas out in the first. There's no way any HW fighter on the UFC roster would be fresh after something that constantly taxing.

JDS avoided the takedown, Cain just kept coming.

The only way to beat it is to land a perfect KO shot while Cain is rushing. If JDS couldn't do it, who can.

I don't even think slapping on a sub would be possible with the frenetic pace Cain was employing.

He used the same strategy in the first fight. He can be KOed again by JDS, or submitted on the ground by someone like Werdum/ Mir, or finished by Overeem with a standing guillotine choke, etc.

I don't think so. It may not work against a better wrestler.

Force what?

There wasn't any grappling involed.

It was Cain rushing and JDS getting out of the way.

This wasn't some Couture like grappling going on in the begining.

So the opponent grabs your leg, you have to push him away, 6 times in a row. Are you striking or grappling ? .............................................. dumb white belt

if he rans with his face first in world-class grabblers or muay thai fighters he will have a bad time. since jds black-belt is a freaking joke and he seems not to know that he has some knees, that strategy was perfect for him though^^

Assuming Cain will never fight Cormier, Werdum is probably the only fighter who is durable enough and can hold his own standing or on the ground. Barnett can do okay but he is probably too slow for Cain.

Dont write it off like Cain's aggressiveness and pace didnt force that.

It forced JDS to panic and got him huge adrenaline rush which burned his stamina. Some fighters might not panic like him and would stay calmer, therefore not gassing in two minutes. I agree that Cain got perfect gameplan but it worked better then his camp would imagine. I can guarantee you that.

Back