Would Cain's stratergy against JDS work on every MMA fighter on the planet?

Won't work on someone that doesn't gas in the first 2.5 minutes.

You're completely missing why that strategy works so well. JDS didn't get tired because his cardio sucks, JDS got tired from trying to stop all those takedowns. How are you just going to find somebody that can stop all those takedowns without losing their energy?? It's not going to happen.

I agree that Cain (like pretty much everybody in the UFC currently) would never want to get into a clinch with Overeem. To take him down, I think that he would attempt to catch his low and middle kicks instead, but even this I'm not sure considering how hard it would be. Perhaps he'd fight standing up and go for a cardio battle before anything.

As for Mir and Werdum, I do agree that it wouldn't be smart to go to the ground with them.

He's going to have to clinch with Uberratio, that's where he does his best work. He'll pursue the TD like crazy again vs Overeem because he knows his striking is just as dangerous. K-1 will tire just like JDS and he'll get eaten for it just like JDS.

it may not work with some who has top level knees ,clinch game and best guilotine choke in HW division

why not?

Cain might be more powerful than Sonnen, because he is a HW, but they are very similar.

Disagree, Cain is exciting to watch and always has intent to finish. Chael is neither.

This is his Game plan every fight. Didn't work the first fight.

Guaranteed TS is 16 or under

Nope. Some fighters excel under pressure, use counter shots better, have some semblance of a ground game unlike JDS.

Overeem got outstruck by Werdum using Cain's strategy

Getting taken down with Werdum on top is much more of a worry for Overeem than getting taken down by Cain. He could likely defend against Cain fairly well off his back.

Why would Overeem need a different strategy? I feel like this strategy would work very well against any heavy if he hurt them standing like he did Junior.

He's got a much more dangerous ground game and counter strikes. JDS is used to being the aggressor.

Overeem got outstruck by Werdum using Cain's strategy

Actually Werdum used the throw a punch then flop on his back before Overeem can throw a punch strategy and anyone who thinks that flopping deserves a Win isn't a real combat sport fan just a Reem hater.

Cain still has some flaws in his standing, he is not perfect, so the answer is no

I know everyone improves but:

778812_o.gif

Then again Shogun has beastly wrestling.

So I guess guys are just born as good as they'll ever be and never get any better, why do they bother training then if people cant improve their skills?

Back to the topic, how do you see Overeem stopping that strategy from Cain?

A big knee followed by GNP KO? A flying knee KO?

More active clinch, counter strikes as he shoots in particularly with knee's, work his BJJ off his back instead of just wasting his energy by trying to stand up ala JDS, stick and move, use a more varied striking arsenal.

Its not an unbeatable strategy, theres no such thing.

Cain wouldn't try to take Werdum down unless he caused some considerable standing damage to Werdum severely reducing his effectiveness in trying to get a sub.

JDS gasses in 2 minutes and ppl now think that Cain is K1 lvl striker?
Werdum improved a lot his stand up and the reach can posses a problem for Cain. Dont you remember Werdum vs Roy? Cain has more techical striking but he has a lot of holes still in his stand up. ( Same as Werdum but he isnt clueless in striking as when he started his career )

Nah some fighters love to be chased and pressured so theycan throw counters

Back